🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
jacekdev
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hey,

After week of withdraw, ( 2 days after expected day of delivery ), I don't get a payment. In bottom email about payment status there is info: "If you did not initiate this payment, please contact us immediately." 
So I ask there on forum, because I have not found any contact form on UpWork.

I am not sure why it take so long, my eariler payment was in time.
If is there is some support for payment can I ask for email contact or how that works there..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Claramarie,

It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

791 REPLIES 791
juanman_3
Community Member

Hi everyone.

I requested a payment on 06/14/2017 but I haven't received the money in my account. A trace was initiated but I haven't heard anything from that either. 

How long does a trace usually take?

Now I'm afraid to withdraw again before I hear back on this issue.

What's your experience on this? Should I go ahead and withdraw again before I receive the first payment?

Thank you in advance!

There can be lots of different reasons why a payment is stuck somewhere, and I personally wouldn't want to make a second withdrawal before I know what caused the transaction to get stuck in the first place.

How long it will take to trace the payment and get the money to your account, or back to Upwork, will depend on where it got stuck, and why. The issue could be with Upwork, a PSP or your bank. Most often you will have to wait 5 to 7 days before a PSP or bank will even start looking in to the issue, and how fast it goes after that depends on them. Having Upwork checking on the status could help to speed things up.

If I were you I would try to use another withdrawal method for your next withdrawals until you know why the funds are stuck, to avoid it happening again.

What payment method would you recommend?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan Manuel, 

It is unfortunate that there is a delay with your withdrawal last 14-June. I checked and it looks like the team has already issued a trace on your withdrawal, but the bank still hasn't responded on the team's request.

The team will update you on your ticket should there be any response from the bank. We are sorry if this has caused any inconvenience. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I havent received mine too. Can i trace my money? its been 8 days now .

Hi Billy,

Please keep in mind that weekends are not counted as business days. If you haven't received your funds after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran! I would like to request a payment trace. I used the direct to local bank option to withdraw my funds last December 10, 2021, but until now (January 2, 2022) I still haven't received my payment in my bank account.
Hoping for a response. Thank you! 

Francis

Hi, Mareone. I encountered the same problem as well. Made withrawal last Dec. 10, still not credited to my BDO account. I tried seeking assistance from Upwork's Help and Support but it it's just bots replying. Still not sure how to resolve this. 

Hi Francis,

I shared your request with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Francis, 

I am also facing the same problem. Can you please tell me what happened with your trace request? Is payment credited to your bank account or returned to Upwork? If one of these happened, how much time does it take after initiating the payment trace?

Thanks

Hello, is the trace completed? and how many days it took? What outcome you get?

Hi Muhammad,

Do you need help with a withdrawal you`ve made? If yes, please share more information with me here or via PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V,

Yes I actually posted my withdrawl problem here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Trace-Payment-Problem/td-p/366590

and you already replied to wait for  8 days. I am actually looking for an answer about people having same problem and if it comes to a trace, what happens next. Do they get amount back or is it lost or delayed for a long time?

Hi Muhammad,

Rest assured you will receive your funds. As each trace is unique and it also depends on your bank, unfortunately, I can't advise you about an exact time frame. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V,

Thanks for the assurity

Hello Arslan,

Have you got the money after the trace? Asking this because I'm on business day number 6 today after initiating the payment.

Looking forward to your reply

hey

I am facing the same issue. it has been more than 10 business days since I initiated my payment, and haven't received it yet. But I am unable to request a trace, because Upwork support is automated, and they are not letting me share my bank statement. 

Can anyone here help me?

Thank you! 

Hi Urvah,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey,

I'm facing the same issue. I requested a payment on Mrach 14th, received an email that the payment was processed but I still haven't received the funds in my bank account and now I would like to request a payment trace.

Hi Liriona,

I would be happy to help. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello

I have the same problem here. On 30 April I was requested for payment through a direct local bank, and Upwork emailed me that the payment has been processed and received estimation from 2 - 4 Mei. But until now, I've not received my payment. I contacted the local bank, but they tell me to contact the Upwork because the bank is only a recipient of funds and is passive. How to fix this problem? I Hope Upwork can help.

Thanks

Hi Satria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
animeshsingh27
Community Member

So i was able to get paid initially with the bank details that i gave, but after some time my payments were being rejected by the bank and now i am getting emails from upwork saying Invalid Bank Details. I assure you that my bank details are correct. Please help.

Hi Animesh,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
9f469d12
Community Member

Hello Andrea, 

Im having the same problem. Ive posted here but noone has got back to me. I have applied to be paid 4 times, i went to the bank the bank details are correct. Can i have some assistance please!

Hi Annette,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

I usually make use of Social media platforms to reach support faster😀

AndreaG

Hi Jacek,

I checked the transaction you're referring to and can confirm it was successful on our end. If 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds, please follow up with us so we could initiate a trace for you.

~Andrea
Upwork
jacekdev
Community Member

Hey Andrea, 

Today is the eight business day without payment, I've contacted with my bank and they said there is no any issue with my account. Could you assist me to resolve this issue by open some ticket or contact me with some upwork supprt? Right now this is urgent.

Hi Jacek,

Thank you for your message. Our team can initiate a trace for you only after completing 8 business days excluding the weekends and the date of withdrawal. Please reach us again on Monday, April 4 if you still do not receive your funds. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hey,

Still no payment, could you help me to resolve this issue? This is 8 business day ... 

Hi Jacek,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hey Andrea.

I am facing the same issue. Its been more than 8 days now.

Can you please help?

Hi Huzaifah,

Please allow up to 8 business days for your funds to be reflected in your account. The days don't include weekends. If after 8 business days, the funds are still not reflected in your account, please let us know so we can go ahead and initiate a trace for you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey Team,

I have processed the payment for withdrawal into my local bank account and i still have not recieved it. It shows the its been processed but I didnt get any thing in my bank account.

Can you please help me with it?

Regards,

Huzaifah

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Huzaifah, 

I merged your posts since it's all related, and we don't allow spam in the Community. It looks like Joanne has already assisted you here. Take note that the withdrawal you made was on 19-April, UTC. It has only been five business days since you withdrew your earnings to your local bank account. Your eighth business day falls on 29-April, Friday, UTC. If you don't receive your earnings after 24-hours on your eighth business day, you can reach out to our Customer Support Team directly, or you can update this thread, and our team will assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery. I used the local bank transaction. How long it will take to credit on my  bank account. This is my first transaction on this platform.  Transaction initiated on Apr28,2022.

Hi Shahir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It can take up to 8 business days for the funds to reflect on your bank account. The days don't include weekends and holidays. If after 8 business days, the funds are still not reflected in your account, please let us know so we can go ahead and initiate a trace for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
74627e00
Community Member

Hi Team, I'm facing the same problem. I got notification that my payment has been processed to local bank on april 28, but a week after, still no payment arrive to my bank account. Pease help to solve this problem.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths