🐈
» Forums » Support » Featured Jobs Refund
Page options
0277091e
Community Member

Featured Jobs Refund

Hi All,

I just want to invite a seller to my job, But I do a wrong choice that to selected Featured Jobs(It will cost me $29.99). But I already canceled this job. My question is can I refund the $29.99?

thanks,

Olin

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Sufian,

In general, customers can reach out to our support team if they need assistance with something like requesting a refund for a Featured Job Post. How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Olin,

Just to confirm that your refund is processing and you should see it on your transaction history soon.

If you need further help let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran, I had the same problem. I accidentally clicked "Featured" and got charged $29.99. I do not want to use the benefits of having a Featured job posting, and would like to get that amount refunded ASAP. Can you please return that money to me? Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
3d8cad5c
Community Member

Hi,
The same thing happened to me, I accidentally clicked “feature job” and was charged $29.99. I don’t want to feature the job, is it possible to undo that and issue a refund?
Thanks!

Hi Obreanna,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist you further with your request. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ee9a08a5
Community Member

Hi,
The same thing happened to me, I accidentally clicked “feature job” and was charged $29.99. I don’t want to feature the job, is it possible to undo that and issue a refund?
Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hassan, 

I have raised your concern to the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you directly through an email support ticket to assist you further with your problem. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I did the same mistake today and was charged 29.99 USD on my project can you please refund me the amount. The project hasn't recieved any proposals yet too. 

Hi Suleman,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with your request.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
1efb099a
Community Member

Andrea G,

Seems i may have done the same thing!

Can i have assistance with a refund please?

Hi Guys,

So apologies if my statement may seem insane, yet I am a freelancer client who tried posting a job here.

Upon completing my job requirements and providing the job description, Upworks ask me for my credit card details which I provided.

Next thing, I was charged $29!!!

Being new to the platform, I was not aware that posting a job would cost immediate money without any interested parties or candidates, the funds were reversed and there seem to be no means of contacting Upworks to dispute the charges as I have not selected nor requested any special service that would possibly cost me an immediate service fee for additional job features.

Their contact number: **Edited for Community Guidelines** seems to be going to voicemail on both options, as frustrating as it may be, i am now left without options but to ask here!

Makes me dought the platform!!

How do I get my money back????

Hi Donovan,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the refund.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, Same thing happened to me. I accidently clicked on featured an it just charged $29.99 right away. Now I have to pay $30 for $5 job. It's just simple task worth $5 maybe but it's costing $35 for me now. So is there any chance I can get refund for that. Thank You.

Hi Lakhan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
c2193aee
Community Member

Hi 

I accidentally clicked on upgrade job post. Can someone assist me to undo this as i do not wish to get charge for a featured job post, thank you!

Hi Sharon,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your featured job. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I mistakenly made my posted job as featured job and I do not want to be charged for this service. I already deleted the job. Please help me to get the refund.

Hello Aditi,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

I deleted the posting and the job received zero proposals
Thanks!

Hi Lawson,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a93289c7
Community Member

Hi there. Upwork charged my Visa with 29,99$ after I posted a new Job? I did not choose a premium advertising for the job I posted, but it says so. It was pretty unclear. So I would like a refund as I want to post my job as an ordinary job post not premium.

Hi Bee,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
e548024f
Community Member

How to get a refund of money for the premium job post?

I published work and invited freelancers when I reach the maximum limit, it asked me to convert the project to a premium or featured project and I clicked the yes button but didn't notice that this is for money I thought it was for free, then I received emails saying that Upwork charged me for 29 $ but I didn't want that, I want Upwork to refund me and also I didn't invite new persons after that so I didn't use this feature because I want my money back please, I opened a ticket but I don't know what is the status and don't know if I should cancel the project within 24 hours to get my money back or what, anyone can help me thank you.

Hi Sufian,

In general, customers can reach out to our support team if they need assistance with something like requesting a refund for a Featured Job Post. How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~Andrea
Upwork
7cf93bea
Community Member

How to get a refund of money of the premium job post?

1-Review the refund policy

2-Contact coustomer support 

3-Follow any instructions 

4-Be patient 

it is not indicate here : https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062088-Request-a-Refund

i contact upwork  nd i had this message 
thank you Shubham i contacted upwork support and i will wait the answers and follow instructions 

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
7cf93bea
Community Member

I created two jobs and I saw a premium badge, I did not know it was paid and I would like to have the refund and that the jobs be cancelled

Best regard

7cf93bea
Community Member

I have the same problem and it happen two time to me without i see that but fortunately, it happen less than 3 days ago and posts are still open i don't see how to create a ticket to solve this problem. Thank you in advance. 

7cf93bea
Community Member

Problem solved for the next people who read me just contact the support and they will do their best to help you

c0448150
Community Member

Hi,
Thanks!

Hi Auguste,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page and please don't hesitate to coordinate to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ea4840f8
Community Member

Hi everyone, I have done the same mistake and it costed me 29 USD for a featured Job. Please help me get the refund as I do not want the job to be featured. Please help me with the additional steps required! 
https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01f8e0f8b732fd5885  This is the job I have posted by mistake as featured and I got charged from Paypal, please help me get refunded, it's my hard earned money!
Thanks,
Rick.

Hi Rick,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
baiadesign
Community Member

Transaction history says "premium job". But I didn't want this job to be premium, and there was no option anywhere during the posting process about that. I wanted it to be a regular job.

Why am I being charged for a "premium" job?

Hi Fabrice,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
9e6d6495
Community Member

The same thing happened here, i posted a job and without knowing 23£ was taken from my account, how do i get a support ticket and get a refund, i deleted the job listing so it wont receive any proposals, is there still anything i can do, please help.

Lawson

75ea27a5
Community Member

An amount was debited from my card and I don't know why!!!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths