🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial Account is Suspended!
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,515 REPLIES 1,515
57189d45
Community Member

I've done everything yet my account is still on hold. I need to pay my freelancer ASAP but still don't have someone reaching out to me. I created several tickets 

Hi Aki,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents already assisted you via chat. It looks like the issue has already been resolved. If you need further assistance, please let us know. We are here to help!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ec9ae4d7
Community Member

Hi,

I created a company with my official email address  **Edited for Community Guidelines** account few weeks ago and added my payment methods.  Now I want to do a job posting but the system shows a message that "My Company is Suspended" or " Financial Transactions are Limited ". 

Kindly assist about this issue

Syed Muhammad Ali Shah

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pardeep,

I am getting the below error"Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

I have added new account as well as I have added debit card for pmt option. but still i'm facing the same error from last one week.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I’ve escalated your post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page and your email to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4d80b954
Community Member

I Need to refund $50 to one client to resolve the issue but i don,t  know how can i refund help me please

Hi Prabhakar,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your financial account. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4c7c8ff3
Community Member

I am facing an issue regarding payments "Error: financial account has been suspended:. So can you please help me.

Hi Naseer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
arifzilane
Community Member

Hi everyone! It's a wonderful day. Hope everyone are doing well. Today I'm trying to a test withdraw, but I saw there is my financial account is suspended!

(Situations 1)

Yesterday I was trying to buy some connects from my card. That was unsuccessful for Bank payment getaway. And I was talking with them, they'll solve it immediately. 

(Situation 2) 
My account is ok. Couple of month ago, Upwork review it with documents. And I was withdrawn my balance. But I don't no why now financial account is suspended! 

My gases is yesterday situation! Payment unsuccessful and I'm trying 3 times, maybe that's why! 

Anyway, share your experiences, I want to know how is your experience. Have a good day everyone. 

Ari

Hi Ariful,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your account status. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d133a2d9
Community Member

I am unable to withdraw my funds and got a window mentioning that there are some restrictions on my account and worst part is that help is unable to help!
Any solution, please!

Hi Mohsin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

If everyone created a 'Ticket' and your reason why you need help at: Support@UpWork.com

The response bot will tell you 'when' and 'where' you are in line to help your situation get resolved.

Do not click on anything or add especially with $$ problems.

Hope this helps everyone. Gets some organizatiton going.

49f7be88
Community Member

Hi support, 

This morning, I tried to withdraw my earnings, and it appears my financial account has been suspended. From what I gathered, this can happen when I ask a client for payment through platforms outside Upwork or when another Freelance Upwork account has my same billing address. I'm positive I fall into neither category and would like to understand why Upwork did suspend my financial account without any notice. The situation I find myself in is precarious due to this inconvenience.

I already submitted a ticket and would be thankful if you could tell me the expected wait time before someone can take over and solve this issue.

Thank you. 

Hi Francesco,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you should receive an update on your ticket in the next 24 - 48 hours. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
6d4ba183
Community Member

When i login to my Agency account i am seeing the following message

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

support.upwork.com is not giving the required answers and the option to raise a request is not visible on my page.

I have verified with the bank and my card is active for monthly payments to happen. Since that payment did not happen, my membership plan got downgraded to basic.

The option to upgrade the plan from Agency basic to Agency plus is not active and i am not able to perform any actions when clicking on the button.

Can somebody please help me on the issues. 

Hi Anand,

Thank you for your message. Your financial account has been placed on hold due to a declined card status. Please try again with another card and the hold should be auto-lifted as soon as the card payment is successful.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

We have updated the card details and also cross checked with bank. Still I am not able to make changes to the membership plan. The option to raise a ticket is not available. Not able to reach any help on the Get Support chat window. Please help.

Hi Anand,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
kendra_fang
Community Member

My financial account has been suspended. Please help me recover it. 

Hi Kendra,

Could you please try removing your PayPal payment method and re-adding it?

~Andrea
Upwork
25f35f88
Community Member

Hello,

my financial transactions were limited, because the payment failed, because PayPal needed to verify my account. Meanwhile I payed by credit card and my PayPal account is verified, but transactions are still limited and my contract is on hold. How do I fix this?

Hi Mario,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
khanzada01
Community Member

I am not able to pay for due balance. Upwork tried to charge my card but i dont know why its not working and now i cant pay at all.

Hi Saleem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork

there were no tickets found

Hi Saleem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team to follow up on your concern and they will reach out to you soon to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
kendra_fang
Community Member

My financial account suspend, can anyone help me?

It said my financial account name do not match my bank account name, but I haven change the name in the contact to make it the same, why it is still suspend?

Hi Fang,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment method is already accepted and will be active after 3 days. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
houki018
Community Member

I have a restriction on my account but has not been notified on why this matter occurred. Withdrawing has been restricted as well.

Hi Jerick,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
houki018
Community Member

Hi! Any update about my ticket?

Hi Jerick,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard back from the team yet. I've notified them of your concern and one of our agents will reach out to you via your support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
neiillest
Community Member

Hello everyone, I had this issue today and I didn't change anything on my account and even in my paypal account.

Hi Neil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding limitations on your account. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mfacs9
Community Member

We are an agency and when I tried to withraw funds it say "Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support." Can anyone help me to resolve the issue. Thank you

Hi Maynard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding limitations on your account. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mfacs9
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

When can I expect the response. We need to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Can you give me a reason if why is my financial account suspended? Thank you in advance. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths