🐈
» Forums » Support » Freelancer won’t accept refund request
Page options
071bb2ed
Community Member

Freelancer won’t accept refund request

Hello,

I had $80 in escrow, freelanced submitted work, I paid the $80 that was in escrow to the freelancer. The next day I reviewed their submitted work and came to find out it was plagiarized. I requested a refund from the freelancer but they disagreed to  sending the money back because they claim to have completed the work (when it definitely wasn't their own work). I don't know where to file a dispute since I ended the contract after paying the freelancer so please help me get my money back because this freelancer definitely misrepresented their skills. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Daniela,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If the payment was released from escrow within the last 30 days you can request a refund from talent through Upwork and file a dispute if they refuse. You can still request a refund of released funds for up to 180 days after payment is released, but you will only be able to file a dispute for the first 30 days. After that, it is up to the freelancer or agency whether to give you a refund. Go here to learn more about this process.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Daniela,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If the payment was released from escrow within the last 30 days you can request a refund from talent through Upwork and file a dispute if they refuse. You can still request a refund of released funds for up to 180 days after payment is released, but you will only be able to file a dispute for the first 30 days. After that, it is up to the freelancer or agency whether to give you a refund. Go here to learn more about this process.

~ AJ
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

This was a bad hire.

Not every freelancer is honest. Not every hire works out.

You are not required to balance this freelancer's karma.

If you don't want to waste any more of your time on this freelancer, you are allowed to simply forget about it and move on.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths