🐈
» Forums » Support » Has Upwork Killed its Chat/Live Support? Can'...
Page options
ayubshahzada
Community Member

Has Upwork Killed its Chat/Live Support? Can't See An Option to Submit New Request Either!

Why is it getting harder and harder to connect with Upwork's support? No chat option anymore, no option to submit a new request/ticket, and no other ways to communicate our issues directly with the concerned team! I'm a little disappointed (being a Top Rated Plus freelancer on this platform and having no means to connect with the support).   

16 REPLIES 16
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You don't see the button in your right hand bottom corner? It's still there. 

Yes, it doesn't show on my end. 

PradeepH

Hi Shahzada,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. Our customer support team is creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive. 

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ayubshahzada
Community Member

Hi Pradeep, 

The "Get Support" button is no longer visible to me. See attached screenshot.  

Hi Shahzada,

I'm sorry to hear you can't see the Get Support button on your end. Could you please share the issue you're trying to contact support for so we could assist you? We'll be happy to help you directly here or escalate the issue to the appropriate team. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Not seeing the "Get Support" option itself is a major issue that needs to be addressed. Re my main concern, I've updated an old request thread (which was somehow still "open") with the issue I'm currently facing. 34901715 is the request ID. Kindly look into that and update me on why the problem occurred and what's the team doing to fix it. 

- Shahzada

Hi Shahzada,

The "Get Support" button is generally available to all users that's why Andrea asked if you could report this to the team you're already in contact with. This is in order for them to be able to resolve this for you. 

I reached out to the team assigned to your ticket and they will follow up with you to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Two months have passed and I still don't have the "Get Support" button in the "Help and Support" section! 

Hi Shahzada, 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please provide a screenshot? Also please include the operating system and browsers you're using so we can include them in our report.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ, 

I'm using Chrome on Windows. See attached screenshots.  

Hi Shahzada,

We've shared your report and screenshots with the team and they're further investigating. They'll have this fixed as soon as possible. Meanwhile, if you need assistance with any specific issue, let us know and we'll connect you with our support team. 
Thanks for your patience. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hopefully, you have cleared cache and cookies from the Browser to see if the button comes back again.

Also, I think, you can try going directly to support.upwork.com

Yes to communicate the community forum Help & Support service directly. You can leave your feedback to the upwork help service representative. Good luck

It's not a cache/cookie problem. I tried on incognito, same issue. Going directly to support.upwork.com doesn't solve the main problem -- I still can't see the "Get Support" option. 

Community Member

Weird, it's visible on mine (but I use Brave). Do you have the support icon on the forum pages?

25005175_0-1670366078827.png

It's showing on the forum page but not on the support (support.upwork.com) page. Via the forum's "Get Support" I cannot initiate a live chat with Upwork's support/team. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths