🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: How can I withdraw money from my Upwork b...
Page options
bd1b1ab1
Community Member

How can I withdraw money from my Upwork balance as a client?

Hello,

I have noticed that Upwork refunded me money from a cancelled contract. However, I was hoping this money would be sent to my Bank account which I used to fund the contract. How do I do this as a client?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joe,

Depending on what you’ve received a refund for, the funds will either be sent directly to your primary payment method or added to your Upwork balance. If the funds have been sent to your payment method, you’ll see them on your statement within 5 business days. If the funds have been added to your Upwork balance and you’d prefer it be sent to your payment method, our support team will be happy to assist you with this.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joe,

Depending on what you’ve received a refund for, the funds will either be sent directly to your primary payment method or added to your Upwork balance. If the funds have been sent to your payment method, you’ll see them on your statement within 5 business days. If the funds have been added to your Upwork balance and you’d prefer it be sent to your payment method, our support team will be happy to assist you with this.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran

Hi Goran,

I have a case similar to Joe's. I have discovered that I have an account balance of $237.50 on my client account. I would like to move the client-account balance from my Upwork account to my bank account.

Could you please have someone reach our to me as well?

Thank you,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Just to clarify something...

While it is excellent that a Forum Moderator offered direct assistance to clients in this thread... it is normally not necessary for a client to ask for help in such situations:

If a client receives a refund from a freelancer, such as when a milestone is funded but refunded... the money is AUTOMATICALLY sent back to the funding source within five business days.

If a client's credit card was charged, the money is sent back to the card. Without the client or any Upwork personnel needing to do anything.

Hi Goran,

I have a similar issue. A job contract was cancelled but the money was not transfered back to my paypal account. Could you please assist. Thanks in advance

Hi Philipp,

Of course, one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Gorav, how're you?
I am facing the same issue. the amount I paid to the freelancer was reversed to me because of the contract being canceled. My balance is showing 20$. Now how can I transfer back it to my bank account?

Can U plz assist me in this regard?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I have a client account and have some money in my balance remained, i would like to withdraw them but cannot seem to find any way of doing that. Could someone please help me?

Thanks!

Hi Silvia, 

Our team will also reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

HI I'm having the same exact issue and can't withdraw money from my account. How do I go about this, or can someone please reach out to me? Thanks. 

~ Alex 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alex.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the same issue I have money on my account and would like to withdraw back to my bank account

Hi Caroline,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

could you help me withdraw my money from Upwork to my bank?

cheers,

Noel

Hi Noel,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I need help with withdrawing my money from balance to my bank account.

Hi Nedeljko,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Shopify team, I have the same situation. It is frustrating that the contract got cancelled just like that, and now my money is trapped in the balance here. I opened a ticket a couple days ago, but still haven't heard back. please help

Hi Ting,

I checked your account, and it looks like the job you posted is active. Our team has also reached out to you on this ticket number: 29813092. Please check the ticket and feel free to respond with any questions you may have. The agent will be more than happy to assist you further.   

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I have the same issue I have money on my account and would like to withdraw back to my bank account. Could you please assist? thanks.

Hi Solomon,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ukped
Community Member

Hello,

I have noticed that Upwork refunded me money ($40) from a cancelled contract. However, I was hoping this money would be sent to my Bank account which I used to fund the contract.

How do I do this as a client?

Can you help return this money to my bank account?

Thank you

Hi Orukpe,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ukped
Community Member

Thanks Joanne,

I have been contacted and now have to wait 3 to 5 businessday to have the money in my bank account.

Thanks for helping out but I noticed that this is a common issue faced by many, upwork should automate this process or enable clients to manually withdraw/send their balance back to the payment method.

aeae48c5
Community Member

Hi i have the same problem ?How can I withdraw money from my Upwork balance as a client?

43fd8971
Community Member

I’m having the same issue. Could someone please help me out?

Hello Sokha,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hello,

I have the same problem can you help me?

thanks in advance

Cagla

Hi Cagla,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
05f2d8ce
Community Member

I have the same problem. Upwork said the money will be returned to my bank account within the 3-5 business days. It’s been more than 10 days but the money was not transferred to my credit card. Can you help me with this?

Hi Maja, 

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
05f2d8ce
Community Member

Hi again. One of your moderators reached out to me via ticket and notified me that the money will be transferred to my credit card in 5 days. It’s been 11 days, but the balance stays at the same amount. Can you check again if something went wrong? Thanks in advance.

Hi Maja,

I've followed up with the team handling your support ticket and you should expect to receive an update soon.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

How can I withdraw money from my Upwork balance as a client i have 250$ and i would like to send back to my account please?

Hi Abubakr,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Goran

My Upwork client account has 50$ balance but, I need to withdraw the amount from upwork can you please help

Thanks

Hi Vaibhav,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths