🐈
» Forums » Support » How can I withdraw money from my Upwork balan...
Page options
bd1b1ab1
Community Member

How can I withdraw money from my Upwork balance as a client?

Hello,

I have noticed that Upwork refunded me money from a cancelled contract. However, I was hoping this money would be sent to my Bank account which I used to fund the contract. How do I do this as a client?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joe,

Depending on what you’ve received a refund for, the funds will either be sent directly to your primary payment method or added to your Upwork balance. If the funds have been sent to your payment method, you’ll see them on your statement within 5 business days. If the funds have been added to your Upwork balance and you’d prefer it be sent to your payment method, our support team will be happy to assist you with this.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89

Hi Goran,

I have a case similar to Joe's. I have discovered that I have an account balance of $231.25 on my client account. I would like to move the client-account balance from my Upwork account to my bank account or My freelancer account.

Could you please have someone reach our to me as well?

Thank you.

Hossam.

Hello,

I have noticed that Upwork refunded me money from a cancelled contract. However, I was hoping this money would be sent to my Bank account which I used to fund the contract. How do I do this as a client?

Thank you

Hi Hossam,

I have checked your account and it looks like you already reached out to our customer support team via chat and there's already a support ticket created with your concern. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Goran, I've the same request. I've some funds in my Client account which I want back in my bank account. Could you help assist?

Thanks!

Hi Zainab,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have a case similar to Joe's. I have discovered that I have an account balance of $100 on my client account. I would like to move the client-account balance from my Upwork account to my bank account.

Could you please have someone reach our to me as well?

Thank you,

Hassan S.

I need help getting my balance refunded to my credit card. Thank you. 

Hi Dylan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Hassan,

One of our support agents just reached out to you directly to assist with this. Their message should be in your inbox.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

hi i have read articles of other clients . i have the same problem.

i want to withdraw my balance back to my bank account. how can i do this ?

its been a week. its not happeneing automatically .

Hi Muhammad,

I can see you were able to reply to your support ticket with this request. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
1008ff8f
Community Member

ok thankyou i will be waiting

There's a positive balance on my upwork client account but there is no way to withdraw it or use it to hire a freelancer.

Hi Hiwot,

You can certainly use your available balance to hire freelancers! We'll charge it automatically before your primary billing method. If you would still like to send the balance back to your payment method please confirm here and we'll be happy to escalate to the team so they can do it for you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Upwork. 
I had receiver a refund on my client account which is kept in upwork and was not refunded back to the original payment method. Can someone help with this? Thank you. 

Hi George,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I received payment refunded and that amount is in Upwork balance now.

I want to get that  into  my paypal.

thank you

Hi Khairul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork

I have an ending balance in my Upwork account, and I'm not planning on hiring any freelancers at the moment. Kindly send the money back to my credit card?

Hi Samson,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Please refund the money in my balance to my credit card account

09fef786e2de5a5f3a3f879cbd3589f.png

Hi Yung Chee,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

You have canceled the bid and requested a refund ($44.95)  and No money has been received on my credit card yet 

Refund to Visa 8376 for refund ref

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that the refund was successfully processed on our end today.

In general, refunds can take up to five business days to appear on your credit card statement. Please check with your credit card issuer for their specific refund processing timeline as well. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear all, freelancer made a refund, and now it is reflected in "balance" - how do I move this from Upwork balance, in which I am not interested right now, back to my bank account? Thank you!

Hi Olga,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello,

I recently deposited funds to pay a freelancer. He refunded me the money stating he could not complete the work. How do I withdraw the money from Upwork back to my bank account?

I have searched everywhere for customer support and there is nothing, it just takes me back to a chatbot who says contact support. 

Hi Matt,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
efbee36b
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem can anyone reach out to me so that I can withdraw my money ?
thanks

Hi David,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same issue as I'd like our refund to go back to the original credit card source. Please advise a solution. Thank you.

Hi Brandon,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will reach back out to you as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
0b293d21
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue, I have an amount of money on my Client balance (I had Escrow refund) and I am unable to withdraw it. Please help me.

Thanks.

Hi Luka,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
59993ebc
Community Member

I have the same proble. I want to get the money in my account

I have the same problem. Please help

I have the same problem.Please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Please help.I want to withdraw my money from the balance

Community Member

Hi

Same issue, I have a client account and money in my balance, I would like to withdraw the money? 

Kindly help me out in this.

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths