b7a6f146
Community Member

How to Delete Account

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arya, 

If you'd like to close your account, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page

complete and close any active contracts and don't have any available or pending balance.Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

505 REPLIES 505

I agreed with you. She should continue the old one. And Upwork will help her the right way. 

My computer logged out and as I said I couldn't log in again.

I didnt know this was a violation. Where should I send Email?

I feel sorry for this.

Actually I think I deleted the old one, yeah I am pretty sure about that. I closed that account but it is still on display and I can't log in. Thats the exact situation. When I write my email it says there is no user with this email. But I am sure about that Email address.

I remembered the whole situation now and I was thinking that I closed down that account then I suddenly found the old one. This is really strange. 

Hello Martina, what is Upwork support email address?

support@upwork.com

Thank you Ariful

Hi Gulnaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
be790cbb
Community Member

I'm getting weird message to contact support and been unable to close my account. Getting this message- "At this time we are unable to close your account. Please call our concierge team at **Edited for Community Guidelines**, select option 3, and we will help you close your account."

Hi Jagada,

Thank you for your message. Your account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5bc99560
Community Member

How to closed my account, but the proposal it just submitted, but when i want to withdraw it it says "This job has been removed from Upwork, so we are no longer able to retrieve your proposal." it is scam? and they just deactivate, i want to close my account right now because im not believing this website, pls anyone if you know help me i want to close it right now, it it can, i just changing my personal idea because i know it's to dangerous

Hi Krisna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
hkfl
Community Member

When I tried to delete my account, I got this message. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Can you delete my account? I can write an email if you want.

aliharvey
Community Member

Try going here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us. If you click the "Get Support" button in the bottom right corner, you can chat with a support professional rather than talking on the phone. Just keep telling the chatbot you want to contact support. 

Hi Hemant,

~Andrea
Upwork
335b7a28
Community Member

Hi, my account isn’t letting me close because it says I need to close the active contracts. However, I reached out to the clients and although I have finished the jobs, they are unresponsive to closing it (They paid everything and submitted everything... vice versa.). If I could please get assistance with closing it because I am still getting charged my monthly payment for my account and have people reaching out to request a proposal from me but I am not active on it. Please assist. I would truly appreciate it. Thank you. 

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and one of the members will be updating this ticket with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1b496949
Community Member

I have an outstanding proposal so I am unable to delete my account. I can't withdraw the proposal because the job was removed from Upwork for being a scam. What can I do?

Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry to hear that you wish to delete/close your account. I'll have one of the team members assist you further via a support ticket. Please expect an update on this page with the ticket once your case is fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
1b496949
Community Member

Ok thank you

870c3efc
Community Member

i want to delete my account. how can i del it.. kindly helo me

Hi Khalida,

Thank you for your message. Your account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
642572ab
Community Member

how to delete an account if it is suspended? support can contact me.

Hi Adyl,

Your account has been closed as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
52727c7f
Community Member

I cant delete my account from my profile settings. I want to delete my account.

Hi Zahid,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5adeebb5
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to delete/deactivate my account and can't seem to locate the delete account tab anywhere. Please assist. Thank you

Hello Lerato,

Use web version of Upwork, and go to "Settings" and on "Contact information" section... locate 'close my account' click on that.

Cheers 

Hi Lerato,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
33e266a4
Community Member

While freelancers are sitting biggest freelancers but still why do freelancers get such huge punishment for small mistakes 

fotzsyzrk
Community Member

Despite I closed my proporsal, I still have a message about opened proporsal. 

Withdraw all proposals first

Hi Krzysztof,

Thank you for your message. I see that your account is already closed now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
28c537c1
Community Member

Hello. I'm having the same problem. Could you help me to close my account please?

Hi Isabella,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that your account is already closed.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
033a09a3
Community Member

Hi,

Can you please help close my account? the instructions provided don't work

Hi Sadia,

Your account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
207f4f67
Community Member

Hey can anyone help,

I have a freelancer account I never used and would really like to delete that but continue hiring freelancers, can any explain how to delete the freeelancer account only? 

Thanks in advance

Hi Mick,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Mick, Client and Freelancer accounts are completely separate. You should be able to have one without the other. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths