b7a6f146
Community Member

How to Delete Account

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arya, 

If you'd like to close your account, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page

complete and close any active contracts and don't have any available or pending balance.Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

505 REPLIES 505
ais_7
Community Member

I want to simply close my account because I don't use or need it.

When I log in it says I cannot delete my account (even though I am logged in.)

A message is saying my account is suspended and wants me to adda payment method.

My payment method is fine and I'm not going to add another one in orer to close my account.

There is no support line or way to contact a n actual person - in real time.😖

Hi James,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
483a2330
Community Member

Hi, 

Could you please help me with closing my account? Thanks! 

Hi Tatiana,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ais_7
Community Member

Hilarious that this is needed to close my free acount. Wow, weak.

Thanks anyway Happy Holidays.

7cd32272
Community Member

Hello

I'm unable to delete my account and I was hoping you could help me. All contract is closed. I was hoping you could delete my account and delete any data associated with it. 

Many Thanks.

Hi Oolong,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your request for account closure. I checked and it looks like one of our team members already followed up with you on your support ticket to assist you further.  

Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further with your request. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
cypertmadeline
Community Member

please close my account

Hi Madeline, 

I'll go ahead and close the account as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
8b7f070b
Community Member

UPWORK has not worked for me, and I want to DELETE MY ACCOUNT. I don't want the same old stupid guideline to close the account. I don't want my name associated with Upwork. Here are my reasons:

1. I sent proposals that were never answered or viewed

2. Projects here are offering too little pay

3. The only contact I received was from a criminal scammer attempting to extort money from me.

4. Some of the moderators are downright rude

5. When clicking on my profile picture I can only access the security section.

6. The site seems to offer so much, and it is oh so promising, only to be disheartened by a scammer.

7. I want my account deleted, not just closed. I do not wish to be associated with Upwork in any way, shape, or form.

DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ariane,

I'm sorry to hear about your decision. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
25b97175
Community Member

Every time I try to access the "contact info" to delete my account if redirects me to another page. 

I want to close and delete my account. horrible user experience. please help!

Thanks

Hi Justin,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
d652b5c6
Community Member

I want to request to delete my upwork account through which I am sending this message

Hi Uzair,

I checked and it looks like you were already able to close your account!

~Andrea
Upwork
f3e05236
Community Member

Please delete my account, I am tired of trying, your app doesn't give any options to do so.

Hi Neelam,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
b6dd3636
Community Member

Hi Please help to delete my account, Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samuel, 

I'll go ahead and close your account as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
chamomile1
Community Member

Hello, can someone help me with closing my account. I worked with client two years ago and they didn't end the contract, but I don't have an option to finished contract. Also I send them articles on time and they paid me for that.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana,

Your account has already been closed.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, 

I am trying to close my account, but have been unsucessful. Could you please assist me in this matter?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

We have closed your account, Kyissa.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
tnnguyenn
Community Member

I would like to delete my account. Thanks

tnnguyenn
Community Member

I would like to delete my account. Thanks!

I would like to delete my account. Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your account has been closed, Tien.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cotlauviorel
Community Member

Hello. I would like to have my account deleted please!

Hi Viorel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
9daf1f26
Community Member

Can't delete my account after withdrawing all proposals and trying on contact info page. Please help me delete this account.

Hi Wenson,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket in closing your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
edbca413
Community Member

Please Delete my account.

Hi Alex,

~Andrea
Upwork
5184b60a
Community Member

Hello! 

I am trying to close my account and it is turnig out to be a complete nightmare. PLEASE help :'( I have withdrawn all proposals etc and it still wont work. The number you tell me to call isn't recognised. Please please please help. 

Hi Hana,

~Andrea
Upwork
5c64516e
Community Member

Can you delete my account? Tips about deleting account form Help section aren't usesful

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ewa,

Your account has been closed.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b07aaff0
Community Member

I have been trying to delete my account but the page keeps redirecting to password and security.honestly its getting frustrating. any tips? Also, I have no active contracts, no active proposals, or anything tying me to the website

thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eirini,

Your account has been closed.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
k_paitchadze
Community Member

Please close my account.