🐈
» Forums » Support » I Cant verify my account
Page options
mihawkkk
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

i have trublle with Identity Verification, i live in lebanon, and the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is with passport, but i dont have passport,  is there any other way to work on this platform ?please i need help ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,509 REPLIES 1,509

Thank you so much. I will.

643126bc
Community Member

Hello,

I just got my first job and Upwork is asking for ID verification. My ID is currently being renewed, what will happen if I don't meet the deadline and can I push the deadline forward?

Anyone with experience on this, please help me out.

Cheers,

~Levi

Hi Levi,

You will have 7 days from the date when you're notified to complete the verification process. If you're unable to complete it within that time, your account will be restricted until you can. You may want to check this help article to learn more about the acceptable forms of ID you can use.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2ac6cea2
Community Member

There is no option to verify my account in account settings

Hi Thulan,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2562f1c8
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my account but no verificaiton option pop up in my settings. 

Hi Jan Paule,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
f6b70bf8
Community Member

My Id document verification is under review for the last 4 days and time is running out. 10 is the last date.

Hi Muhammad,

I've followed up with the relevant team and they've confirmed they're currently reviewing your submission. Kindly allow more time for them to finish their review. You can rest assured they'll reach out to you soon.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f6b70bf8
Community Member

Thank you very much Luiggi.
I was just worried about the deadline that they gave me for verification.

0e2429a5
Community Member

I've been seeing a lot of scams going around, especially with data entry with Upwork. Just asking here and confirming that it is safe for me to have my location and ID under my account? Thanks

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your message. I understand your concern. Access to the information you provide during identity verification is handled by Upwork agents who have passed strict background checks and our secure, third-party vendor’s automated checks. We do not share or sell any of the information you submit to us. After 30 days, the information you submit to verify your identity is deleted.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
tejroop
Community Member

Is it possible to verify account on mobile without using laptop or computer?

Hi Tejwant,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you should be able to start the verification process on your mobile phone. If you experience any issues feel free to let us know and we will assist you accordingly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
tejroop
Community Member

Thanks for the quick response. I will let you know if I found the issue while verifying my account on my mobile.

1d329951
Community Member

Hi, I have submitted my ID for verification but didn't get any verification badge or confirmation. Moreover, unable to find out the verification option in settings. Can you please figure out the reason.
My project I created is also on hold for verification since long.
Looking forward to the response!

Hi Ameer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that there are different types of verifications for different situations. You can learn more about each type of verification on this page

Additionally, I would like to clarify that the verification you completed isn't related to the ID badge. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d5e0d2aa
Community Member

Upwork refuses to verify my account, i was told I will be verified in 1 business day but I haven't hear from them since, and I have to continue working.... please can someone tell me the real period it takes for upwork to verify an account

Thanks

Hi John,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and they have confirmed that your Id has been verified. Your selfie is currently under review and you should receive an update shortly. Please keep an eye on your profile and the ID verified badge should be applied to your account once it's been completely approved. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
6a062f12
Community Member

Hello,

I'm new to Upwork and I just got my 1st job yesterday. After a while I was asked to verify my identity. I was told to upload a government issued ID and a selfie and it said that it will take up to 1 business day. It's been almost 24 hours and I still haven't received any update. I hope you can assist me to solve this issue. The following is the link to my Upwork profile and also I have attached a screenshot of the identity verification window for your reference.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014efc285097da0c13

Upwork Verification.PNG

Thank you,

Pasindu Balasooriya

Hi Pasindu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your case they will reach out to you if they need any additional information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
6a062f12
Community Member

Hi,

Sure. Thank you for your reply.

Pasindu

umermuhammad37
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I am experiencing the same issue,

I submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it still shows the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

I would appreciate an urgent response to this.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your case they will reach out to you if they need any additional information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
15d8d6e2
Community Member

Hey,

I was in the process of verifying my face scan, which I try to do it on my mobile phone. But unfortunately I don't get any link on my phone. 

I try to reload the page and I find nothing again about verification. Which mean I have not finish my verification. Pls I will be glad if you can help me with the link to verify my face again.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Adekunle,

Please allow more time for our team to review your case they will reach out to you if they need any additional information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
weather_
Community Member

Hi Joanne Marie P,

There is no identity-verification option is not in my upwork

Hi Mausam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
32f5f0b1
Community Member

Under Settings, there is no link or words that say "Verify ID". Therefore, I cannot upload an ID to begin. There is no link anywhere to help me upload an ID.

Where can I find this link to upload my ID to get verified?

1203de14
Community Member

Hello Members!

How to secure BLUE TICK ?

2cadac58
Community Member

Hi Upwork team, I applied for ID vertification about 30 hours ago but no clue. It am getting this warning "Action required: Verify your identity by 08/15/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork"

Please have a look and solve my issue.

Thank you!

Hi Muhammad,

~ Nikola
Upwork
351f9f1e
Community Member

How much time need wait for reviewing verification i post this before 26h

Hi Haris,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now approved. Your Visual Verification is still under review and please allow our team time to verify. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
umermuhammad37
Community Member

Hello,

I have a notification "Action required: Verify your identity by 08/11/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork."

I already submitted my government ID. but nothing happens. I even add in the discussion forum. no one even notices this. 

Today is the last day I don't know what to do now. I don't want my account to be on hold.

Hi Muhammad,

I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and you should be getting an update through this page via a support ticket. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
d_leontidi
Community Member

I have issues with my ID verification process. The support hasn't been helping that much. 

Firstly the id verification process doesn't allow me to upload the back of my ID to the site(only the front). I have explained the issue to the support but my "ticket" got closed (it says solved but guess what its not solved). I have made a new ticket asking for a video chat or whatever to manually solve it where i uploaded my id etc. However apparently because I responded to the support that refused to validate me they again closed my "ticket". And I am currently waiting for the support employee to either read my message or someone to tell me a way to fix the bug. The ID process again asked only for the front of my ID and I can't restart the process so I need to wait for their support to take action, again.... Any help? Is there another way to contact support and not get your "ticket"closed.

Hi Despoina,

I have checked and can confirm that your ID is being reviewed by the team. It looks like you've been communicating through a support ticket and I highly suggest you keep doing that so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I will wait and see till tomorrow however days pass and there is a timeframe and I submitted it yesterday for second time. Also my visual recognition is yet to be approved and the photo of me was taken on Monday and its already Thursday.Its supposed to take one business day. The support on the ticket hasn't talked at all why is that?

cfa2dcbb
Community Member

I submitted yesterday my ID and a selfie, but after a business day of waiting I still have that warning message for verifying my account on top of my homepage. When will my account be verified?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths