🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
jddrrndlcrz
Community Member

I can't find the identity verification, I need help to active my 'get paid'

Hi Jade Darren,

I checked and it seems like you are not yet required to complete this step. If you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for a short video call. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

As for your payment method, you have not completed your W-8BEN Form. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Please complete the form by going to your Settings  Tax Information and provide us with your legal name and address.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I completed the W-8BEN Form. Thank you for answering my questions.
d01c634a
Community Member

Hi Ma'am I would like to ask the same question. Why is there no Identity Verification on my settings?

Hi Jaycee,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
demintha_m
Community Member

Hi, I'm from Sri Lanka. I don't have a driver's license or a passport. I only have the government-issued National Identity Card (NIC). the NIC card's front only has the image and no other details are listed on the front. All the information about the person is listed on the back. I have uploaded the front of the NIC to verify my identity but it returned as We're unable to process. Please help me to verify my account.

I also have the same question. Now the government is issuing new digital ID cards, but due to the economic crisis on Sri Lanka, the process is very slow. 

Hi Umayanga,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have shared your report with the relevant team and one of the members will be assisting you via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page once your case is fully reviewed. For the time being, you may want to check this help article for more details about the ID Verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
25532f9a
Community Member

As the title says, I have moved to Estonia from Bangladesh for study purpose and have updated my location in the profile settings. My student visa allows me to work on Upwork. Is there anything else I need to do? There is a notification on my Upwork that, I need to re-verify my location within 7 days to keep my account active, but I don't know how. Any help?

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can proceed with uploading a government-issued ID from your country. Generally, your profile location should match your physical location. But we understand that sometimes, you may be residing in one country with an ID from another country so we’ll introduce a third step to verify your location.

If your profile location and your ID don’t match, we’ll automatically add this step to verify your location.

Please check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
b_boulkhoukh
Community Member

Same problem & I don't know how to solve it 😔

Hi Bouchra,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

Okay thank you so much I will  wait 

Anyone review my profile and verify the details which i have submitted thanks

Hello, Anyone help me to verify my ID and visual verification

Hi Tehmina,

I've shared your report with the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket here. You may also coordinate with the team through your email.

**Edited for Updates**

I received an update from the team just now and they confirmed that your ID is now verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork
f7fdfccc
Community Member

:herb: Thanks

There is no identify verification option in my accountThere is no identify verification option in my account

Hello Mr. Sajjad,

Identity verification is an automatic process when you get a contract. You will be notified on your screen when it is needed. In my personal opinion, when you get a contract Upwork will notify you to get ID verification. Also, It will be shown in your setting menu. 

Thank for this information 👍 it's helpful 

How is a client even going to consider a freelancer who has their ID not verified? I think this is not a good approach to verify a freelancer only once they got an offer, they should be verified at the time they open their account, which I did, but it doesn't show on my profile.

This is like a loop. Upwork won't send a verification request until there is a contract, and the client won't give you contracts unless you have a verified account. Despite my experience and strong portfolio, I cannot secure one contract because my account is not verified. My precise, clear proposal with constructive ideas and samples is not helping because clients cannot trust unverified accounts (and justifiably so!).

I am seeing your profile.

I think you have good experience in upwrk.

How can you get first task?

And I didn't get any task, but I got a notification to verify my ID.

Thanks

Totally agreed. Most client prefer ID verified freelancer over not-ID-verfied freelancer. This way a new freelancer keep bidding without any positive responce from the clients for a long time unless the freelancer get lucky somehow. This is a terrible system. 

Hi Ahammad, 
I got the contract, but I didn't get any ID verification request. Is this a platform issue or please adivse how to move forward. Thanks!

Hi Matt,

You are not required to complete any verification at this time. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
85c9b0c3
Community Member

Dear Luiggi & Team

I would like to verify my ID. I haven't been asked for it yet though. But the problem is I can't find any link to get started.

Where can I find the ID verification link?

Moreover I have submitted proposals where in the Client is asking for registered Upwork ID which i dont have since i didn't do any verification. Also i didnt find any links to do so.

UpworkID.png

email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

please send me how can i verify my profile else i wont be getting any project unless verified

i does make no sense to have a profile when i didnt get any project for not having a registered Upwork ID.

Please assist me

regards

Kumar Reddy

Good day Sir!

I also experiencing the same situation. I did not see any verification settings yet about my ID. 

You mentioned that when you get a contract in Upwork, that's the time that you can have the ID verified. Does that mean that there is a possibility that I could be hired even though I am not yet verified? No payment verification nor identity verification?

Thank you!

Hi Portia,

Thank you for reaching out. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

You can still apply for jobs and be hired even if you don't have the badge yet. You can confirm this by submitting a proposal.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear Annie Jane B,

i could see your reply "It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet"

But why are client's are asking for Registered Upwork Id.

I have been asked to sign an NDA aswell togeather with the Registered Upwork Id.

I Have been told by client that they provide project to Registered profile only. I have a situation here i wiill be loosing on this proposal for not having a registered Upwork ID.

Please assist me in geting a registered Upwork Id so as to provide to the client for fullfilling NDA with the client.

Regards

kumar reddy

emial: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you for the information. 😀

so thats the question, should we pay to win a contract as an unreal unverified person in this platform?

im not an interesting applicant for  clients compared to verified users.

only  for low budget and almost unverified clients.  

its unfair, it should be for anyone or for all.

please help me to make a request for identity verification feature back to the setting as it was.

Hi Esmaeil,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
d96c51d4
Community Member

d96c51d4_0-1665654386862.png

Hi there still not opening given link

d96c51d4
Community Member

I have already submitted required document since starting month but still I am waiting for the verifying prosses and also https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/  high lighted link page is not opened please check this issue 

Regards

Same Issue Is Happening with me .

2b43bb65
Community Member

Hi Upwork!

I don't have verification by ID option on my settings, I've been a member of upwork for too long and I can't see up until now. Pls help me.. 

Hi Andrei Christian,

I have checked your account and it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths