🐈
» Forums » Support » I want to verify my id
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
d494f4d5
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

My partner is an old member of Upwork, she requested for me to post in here since her account has been hold by Upwork. She has tried to verify her account but few months had already passed but the reviewing process is still ongoing, she also cannot submit another verification. I believe this needs to be resolved as her account has been on hold for months now.  She has her postal ID ready in case the verification needs to be done again but we need Upwork support to reply to us to resolve this matter. We have been constantly emailing Upwork but no resolution has been done until now.

ab30aeb6
Community Member

2946ab4a
Community Member

Hi Andrea.

I hope you are doing well.

I have iisue with ID verification.

I submitted my document more than 24 hours ago but still they are reviewing.

Can you help me out.

Thank you.

Hi the Upwork community.

I hope everyone doing good.

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents"  Note: How long does this usually take? Can you fix the issue?

Thank you and regards,

Jahangir Alam.

Hi Jahangir,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. I can see that the team handling your concern has reached out to you with more information about the status of your account and instructions on how to resolve the issue. Feel free to coordinate with the team through this page or on your email they will surely assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d494f4d5
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

My partner is an old member of Upwork, she requested for me to post in here since her account has been hold by Upwork. She has tried to verify her account but few months had already passed but the reviewing process is still ongoing, she also cannot submit another verification. I believe this needs to be resolved as her account has been on hold for months now.  She has her postal ID ready in case the verification needs to be done again but we need Upwork support to reply to us to resolve this matter. We have been constantly emailing Upwork but no resolution has been done until now.

Hi Daniel,

I'm afraid that we won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account. If your partner needs to get in touch with the team, they may do so through the support ticket they already have with them. Alternatively, they can contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
02fba6ef
Community Member

Hi Andrea, when I opened my Upwork account recently, I verified my phone and government ID, it's all in the system, but it doesn't show on my profile page. All it shows is a section titled "military", I repeatedly opted out of this but it remains on my profile. Can you please help!

Hi Bojana,

By design, your verified phone number and ID won't show on your public profile page. If you're referring to the ID Verification Badge, note that this is a different verification process and you will be notified once you're required to complete it.

In addition, the section that appears as "Military Veteran" is intended for you to use in case you wish to add your Military status. This won't show on your public profile if you haven't added it. You can check this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear, I'm also facing the same issue. But the thing that I have to understand from your reply is Upwork team asked us themselves for verification.

Hi Inam,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet, nor the team has requested this from you yet. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, i can't search in my profile setting in identity verification and i don't have  “Identity Verified” badge i have my UPWORK account since 2016 please help me. THanks!

Hi Justin Carlo,

We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll send you an email and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have taken ID verification 3 days ago.

But it is still under review.

Can you resolve this issue?

Thank you

Vahe.

Hi Vahe,

Thank you for your message. I followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello!

I would like to follow up on my case re: identity verification. I have a new case opened and have been asking for updates but the agent is unresponsive. I would appreciate any response before the 20th to avoid my account being put on hold.

Thank you!

38aacf4d
Community Member

Please could you check on mine, I'm not a brand new freelance I was working for an agency and recently left

2f415ae2
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

Why you do that? its almost impossible to get a job here without being verified, there should be an instruction for that.

Im a real artist and it hurts when I see my freind got verified only with one day before you change verification process, get many jobs done in 4 months.

your explanation isnt enough and not helping, why we should wait while upwork can put that option back to the setting.

waiting for Jesus will show up and save us its not a soultion!

as myself, I only apply for the verified payment jobs, once I applied for some jobe without it and it was a scam and they came up with a fake cotract outside Upwork!

your actions have cosequences, of course i cant get a job, why could I?

Im here like a fake identity person who cant prove his real identity.

no client would trust me like this or I should say there is a chance to manipulated by some scam users who freely post a job.

please please please provide a real solution!

thank you

Peme Aabi

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ec4ce521
Community Member

problem is that! I try to submit Government id verification. but I saw they wrote We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day. but I received an email from Upwork. they said to me we suspend your account in 24 hours as well as If we do not receive your identity verification Upwork will be forced to suspend your account. but I already submitted a government id card. and I can't submit again government card because they nothing showing the option again.

d2704240
Community Member

I can't apply for a job as it asks for ID verification every time. So does this mean I have to wait until I recieve an email for ID verification? 

Hi Max,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not replicate the issue you experience. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I moving from Estonia to Thailand, but am still residing there (TRP +8 months). I'm going to study Thai here, but since I also altered my location on Upwork, it seems to have deleted my previous "residency status" proofs. Also, it claims it has started taxing as a US citizen, even though I'm clearly not, which I've proven by providing my passports and residency in Estonia... Can you please help me regularize my account, please? I really need it... 

Best regards, Ivan

Hi Ivoylov,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You would have to update your tax information in order for you to not be taxed as a US citizen. I checked your account and you haven't filled it out yet. You can go to this page to set it up.

~ AJ
Upwork
ffbe2350
Community Member

Hi, I have submitted my ID for verification. As you said that you need more time to review ID, but upwork gave me timeline to verify my ID by 01/11/2022. Only one day left, my ID is not verified yet. Now what to do?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hadiuzzaman, 

I'm sorry for the delay, as our team had to look into this further. Please know that the documents you submitted for identity verification have already been accepted. 

~ Avery
Upwork
67e79bcf
Community Member

Hi.

Sometimes , I see the phone verification on other developer's profiles.

Is this afford to bid in project?

Hi.

Sometimes , I see the phone verify in some other's profile.

Hi.

Hi.

Is this afford to bid i

Hi.

And how can I phone verify?

Hi.

Hi.

Sometimes , I see the phone verify in some other's profiles.

Will this affect bidding on the project?

And how do I verify my phone number?

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
b5f9f470
Community Member

Hi

I made the terrible mistake of taking out freelancer plus and then changing my country of address. It seems I can't be verified although I have sent so many documents. Sadly I cannot be verified but am getting billed for freelancer plus 😔

Disappointed this is so complicated and lacks clarity.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f3931b41
Community Member

Greetings

I hope you all are doing well. I am facing problem with my identity verification. Whenever i upload my ID card front, it says it will take few minutes, but after waiting for hours, it still saying the same and is not proceeding to the next step. What should i do as if i didn't verify my account by 4sep, they will put my account on hold.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I checked and noticed that your account is already verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
7aa2d82f
Community Member

ID verification option not showing on my profile settings

Hi Stacy,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
mitchgutierrez
Community Member

Same issue. The ID verification option not showing on my profile settings. Please help. Thanks

Hi Michelle,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
398ac345
Community Member

Send a link or an invitation for verification

Upwork will send you appropriate details when they want to verify your ID. You cannot request to be verified.

352273d8
Community Member

hello,

I tried checking "identity verification" on my settings but it doesn't show up. I have been trying to contact support but to no avail. I kept getting the same error. And I want to verify my id so please help me...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

First You Have To Change You Profile Photo And Update New With Full Face And Without Any Face Cover & Sunglasses

Because Your Profile Photo will Match With You Government Id 

And You Can Check Identify Verification  

Upwork will let you know when they want to verify your ID. You cannot request it. See help article below.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010609234-ID-Verification-Badge

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths