🐈
» Forums » Support » MY ID Verified and Approved
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
alimammiya
Community Member

Identity verification section is not showing in my profile setting?
So how can I get a Verified Blue Tick Badge on Upwork?

Screenshot (395).png

Help me!

Upwork will let you know when it is time to validate your ID. You cannot request it.

I wonder if this is a good approach, as I am thinking some new freelancer without ID verified yet may be overlooked by clients, why would someone look at me if they cannot see I have my ID verified, which puts nebies at disadvantage.

e6fc2d3c
Community Member

I opened my account last week and I've not been sent a ID verification mail to verify my identity.

Is it a must for all users to receive the mail,cause I haven't received mine and I feel it's getting late 

Hi Similoluwa,

Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
engineer_sazid
Community Member

Hello, I've submitted the scan copy of my passport for "ID document verification". It has been almost 5 days but it is not verified yet. I've completed one job and I also have on going job on upwork. If it is not verified by 8th September my profile might be on hold.
What should I do now ?

2022-09-06 07_33_49-Start.png

2022-09-06 07_38_03-Start.png

Hi Sazid Ahmed,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and they confirmed that your ID has been verified. You should see the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank You so much.
If I need any help in the future, I would ping you.

61be742a
Community Member

Same problem & I don't know how to solve it

Hi Alice,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
61be742a
Community Member

Thank you for your reply! Have a great day!

02e198fa
Community Member

Hello! I had tried to upload my ID but failed quite a few times because I couldn't get the photo exactly right. Now, It says that In order to be able to try again I need to contact customer support since I ran out of attempts. The only issue is though, is that when I go to try and contact customer support, nothing shows up. It automatically sends me to the bot support chat- which doesn't help me whatsoever. I can't find where to contact- and nowhere I look leads me to it.

Any help would be great.

Hi Entity,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Please also check this article on how you can get connected with one of our agents using the Support Bot moving forward.

~ AJ
Upwork

The same exact thing has been happening to me and I haven't gotten any support for it. The chat bot is very unhelpful and I wish that there was a phone number I could call instead of waiting several days for a response back.

f4c514a5
Community Member

Hello!
I need to get verified. I am a citizen of the Russian Federation and now I live in Ukraine. I have a rental agreement for an apartment and a utility bill. Can I just take a picture of these documents and send them (they are in the official language of Ukraine - Ukrainian)? Or do I need to translate these documents from Ukrainian into English? My name is on these documents, but it is written in Ukrainian. What should be done?

Hi Darya,

Thank you for reaching out to us.  I would like to clarify that you can send the image of the documents preferably in PDF format in the original form and language. Feel free to check out this help article for the list of acceptable documents for verification.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bdsaiful24
Community Member

I have submitted my ID, already has gone 3 days but till now not yet verified, or any other notification.

abuhanif101
Community Member

My ID name is abuhanif101 . i don't know my ID aproved or not aproved and verified or not verified .

I waited for a long time and was patient

fe7bc56e
Community Member

just i am feeling this prpblem i can't search in my profile setting in identity verification 

did you solve it??

0abebdae
Community Member

Hello I have been waiting for almost a week now for my account to be verified with my drivers license i provided but keeps saying "wait 1 buisness day to be verified " but it has been more than a week already and need this fixed as soon as possible!! I have 2 clients tomorrow and i will not be able to start without being verified as the application has told me tomorrow is the last day to get verified and can not accept anymore until it's verified ! PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!! 

I have created a support ticket but no luck getting resolved Urgently. Ticket number is #36814140 for reference.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your verification is complete now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Same issue. Please help me 

87d1b64e
Community Member

Hi, I have uploaded required document on 3 sep 2022, but I am still facing this issue ''Action required: Verify your identity by 09/10/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork."Kindly assist to resolve this prob.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep H

I am experiencing the issue,

I've submitted my ID for verification a day ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

Would appreciate an urgent response to this.

Best Regards

Jahanara

rekhaprasad
Community Member

Hi,

My profile is 100% completed however not able to do ID verification.

Can anyone please suggest how its works? 

It will be a great help!

Thanks! 

Hi Rekha,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your reply! Got it 

Since my account is not verified, will I be able to accept invites?

Do clients find my account reliable since it's not verified?

Hi Rekha,

Yes, you can still accept invites sent by the client. While having a verified profile gives that extra advantage, there are clients who would choose freelancers based on their proposal submitted on the job and the completeness of the freelancer's profile which includes all required information for the client to make a decision. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

no rekha there's no way they work with you only it's a possibility to reach them and discuss finally they'll go for previous freelancer or rely on verified ones

only focus to get verified 

good luck

2efef24d
Community Member

How can I retake the selfie for authentication? The system loaded without me confirming.

Hi Gulnihal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you already passed the visual verification and you already completed the ID verification process. There is no need to do anything else in this regard. If you need assistance with anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

~ AJ
Upwork
a200c1e8
Community Member

I sent my ID card to verification two days ago. And it didn't approve till now. When I will see Upwork decision? I'm worried a little bit, because it influences on my work process

Hi Anastasiia,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi. Thank you! The problem is that I have to confirm the documents before September 15th. Upwork reminds me of this. I only have two days left. And I don't know if I can sign contracts now. Because I don't have much time left. Perhaps I need to resend the photo documents, but I can't do it. For more than 5 days, verification has not passed.

Hi Anastasiia,

I understand. Rest assured that I followed up with the team to get an update on your verification status. As long as you were able to submit the documents needed before the set deadline, you'll be fine. The rest of the process will be dealt with by our team.

~ AJ
Upwork
kukushik
Community Member

Hi there, 

I can't find Identity verification option in my profile settings. 

Please, help to fix this issue.

Hi Lusine,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi lusine 

you need to find a client in or outside of upwork to sign a contract with 

1.inside Upwork by searching jobs, send proposals which is a lil bit impossible as you're not verified.

2.either way you can send contract to some client you have and request to sign contract within Upwork platform.

its the only way to get the email to proceed to identity verification.

401cdd72
Community Member

Hello sir/mam,

How can I know if my profile is verified or not?

And if it is not verified then what is the reason behind it?

And I haven't received any email of verification.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths