🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
mihawkkk
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

i have trublle with Identity Verification, i live in lebanon, and the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is with passport, but i dont have passport,  is there any other way to work on this platform ?please i need help ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,509 REPLIES 1,509
ricograca
Community Member

Hi

I would like to verify my ID to get the Badge, but  I haven't been asked for that.  I can't find any link to get started.

Where can I find the ID verification link? Cause the badge is important!

Hi Ricardo,

If you are not yet required or eligible to earn the badge, you will not receive the notification to complete this step yet. You can check out this help article for more information. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
fdcab9b3
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I can't verify my identity using a voter's certification? which is the replacement for voter's ID. Because they do not give voter's ID anymore here in the philippines.

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that there is an issue with the document you submitted for verification. I checked and I can see that our team has reached out to you and has provided the options you can use to verify your ID. Please check your ticket by logging in to your account and going here

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne

My id verification takes too much time when I will upload my id card Upwork shows that it will notify me within 1 day but it will take more than 3 days and my id is still not approved. Can you please inform me about the issue?

Hi Umer,

I'd like to confirm that this is now fixed and the badge is already showing on your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
7998d69e
Community Member

Hey  Joanne, 

I'm having the same issue, it's been 3 days now and I'm still not verified.

Is there any issue?

fa13b0fd
Community Member

Hi joanne. submitted id card photo and selfie 2 days ago. Still on pending. I got 3 days left before account gets suspended.

Fyi Pretty new to community. Not sure where to post the query. 

3ec7f738
Community Member

Hi, 

can you please help me! I'm on my first month on upwork and i'm asked to have id and visual verification.

I already uploeaded my ID two times and it gets rejected i guess, and my visual verification is taking too long too, it has been 5 days.

Hi Tasneem,

Could you please try and update your profile name? It does not seem to be complete.

~Andrea
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mihawkkk
Community Member

they say that i can verify my identity with a video call but i dont have the option for it in my profile.

Hi Mohamad,

You can proceed with your verification by clicking on Get Started. It looks like you only need to provide an ID at this point, please refer to your support ticket for instructions.

~Andrea
Upwork
mihawkkk
Community Member

the problem is i dont have an option for governement ID in my country (Lebanon), i only have an option for a passport, but i dont have one, so what should i do ?

Mohamad, acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

~Andrea
Upwork
mihawkkk
Community Member

when i was trying to submit a photo they send me this :

"If you don''t have a supported ID type, please contact us"

and yes i dont have supported ID, so what should i do now ?

Hi Mohamad,

Please check your ticket here, and kindly follow the steps provided. If in case you need further assistance in completing the verification process, please respond to the ticket. The team would be more than happy to assist you further. Thank you! 

~ Joanne
Upwork

how to  complete visual verification ?

Hi Mohamad,

I reached out to the team handling your case and all limitations are now removed from your profile. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
00fd7a51
Community Member

Hi Nikola, can you help me out too? My id card is got denied and they are asking for an alternative id card. But I don't have any id card besides my nid which is eligible for work and valid. I can do video verification, answer all your questions or anything that is needed. Can you please help me you?

"In order to confidently verify your identity, we need to match your physical appearance with a photo ID issued by a government entity."

That's my point. I made a huge dumb mistake. I photoshopped my face and did some very light skin softening. And that's probably the main issue of my id card getting rejected. The support I was talking with came to me after 15+ hours or smth with the same reply. "Please upload an alternate id card" If that's gonna try matching the face of the profile then what's the point? Any human with sense can tell the person on the profile picture and the one on my id are the same. I am not here to complain but to solve the issue. Please let me upload my profile picture again or change it on your end. Have a video chat or anything that could prove my identity. And at least give a good response than leaving me on reading. I don't care if I have to delete my Upwork profile and start again if it would solve it, i just want to work on Upwork. All my documents are valid, I am 18+, can provide any other documents if needed, please look into it and tell me if it's possible to verify my identity or not.

Already tried that of course.

"Please verify your identity before uploading a new profile photo."

chrome_DckcaZhCAc.png

I still don't get what they mean by "alternate " id card.

I don't have a passport or bank card. I just have my nid card. Also, I think in your case it took more time? But in my case, they straight rejected it and asked for something different.

It does work. I checked it on youtube, and people are getting verified with it in less than 5 minutes+ Upwork can translate them and even has their own team to translate them. And thank you for the suggestion, I will get one after I get paid.

Hello Farag, thank you for your concerns and kind help. The great news is my Upwork account is now verified. My face wasn't a problem at all lol. I just had to upload a smart card but I uploaded NID. When I uploaded the smart card, it worked like charm. Cheers. Have a great day.

"In order to confidently verify your identity, we need to match your physical appearance with a photo ID issued by a government entity."

That's my point. I made a huge dumb mistake. I photoshopped my face and did some very light skin softening. And that's probably the main issue of my id card getting rejected. The support I was talking with came to me after 15+ hours or smth with the same reply. "Please upload an alternate id card" If that's gonna try matching the face of the profile then what's the point? Any human with sense can tell the person on the profile picture and the one on my id are the same. I am not here to complain but to solve the issue. Please let me upload my profile picture again or change it on your end. Have a video chat or anything that could prove my identity. And at least give a good response than leaving me on reading. I don't care if I have to delete my Upwork profile and start again if it would solve it, i just want to work on Upwork. All my documents are valid, I am 18+, can provide any other documents if needed, please look into it and tell me if it's possible to verify my identity or not.

Hi Syeda,

I would be happy to help. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
00fd7a51
Community Member

Thank you, Nikola. My account is now verified. Cheers.

2d0b37fa
Community Member

Hi, I have an account on upwork. I searche for job and I had an interview, but the client said you have not verified. How can I be verified? You did not send me an email for verification.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Zeinab,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Additionally, please know that your client can hire you even if your account does not have an “Identity Verified” badge.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b3c0b2b3
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

My account is put on hold due to non submission of the ID. I have now uploaded the ID but the account is still on hold. Could you please help.

Thanks

Piyush

Hi Piyush,

I checked and it looks like you already have your ID Verification badge!

~Andrea
Upwork
aae94ccd
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

I see you're quite popular here, LoL.

Please, I need a little help with my ID verification process.

At the initial stage, when I just created my account, I understood that it's a requirement. I followed through with the process and was notified that I've been verified.

Few days later, I saw the "Action Required" pop-up. Yet again, I complied. Not too long after that, I saw the pop-up again.

I must have complied with the verification process about  4 times now.

I'm I doing anything wrongly here?

Please, help me have a look at it.

Thank you.

Best regards, 

Sam 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Loch,

Looks like our team has reached out to you already regarding this concern via this ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
aae94ccd
Community Member

Thank you, Bojan

718a4892
Community Member

Hi Upwork community, I have made a new account, and when I move towards the identity verification process, it says "This page does not exist on both mobile and laptop" What is the solution for it

Hi Muhammad,

Since you're not currently required to complete the verification, you won't be able to access the page. Once you're required to verify your identity, you will be notified.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7bafcfe2
Community Member

Hi I need help with my ID verification. I have some trouble with my profile picture. Please help 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths