🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259

Hi Patricia,

Please allow more time for our team to review your verification process. If they need any additional information they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
00c04972
Community Member

It’s been days already. It’s taking to long. 😭

Hi Patricia,

I have checked and it looks like the team handling your case has reached out with more details and instructions on how to resolve the issue. You can coordinate with the team by updating the ticket here or responding to the email notification. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
gperman
Community Member

I'm looking to get my account hold lifted but no one responds via email or response on the website through the provided link.

I took a picture with the signature half cut off accidentally on my ID and now I can't apply to jobs.

Perhaps upwork customer service can respond to me here and process my support request.

Hi Geoffrey,

I can see that you've been communicating with the relevant team about your ID Verification. We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. Please allow our team time to review your ID and you should be getting an update on the same support ticket here once done. You will surely be notified of the status of your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ali-muhammad_moo
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your Upwork account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
dbc69f6f
Community Member

hello

The problem is that i'm not getting a identity verification badge and im waiting it for more than 2 months, i don't know how much time ahead again untill i receive it. please i need this badge to start my career in Upwork, starting getting jobs. I heard without this badge im not able to get any job in Upwork. So PLEASE CHECK MY PROFILE OUT, I completed my profile 100%. PLEASE UPWORK MANAGERS SEND ME THIS IDENTITY VERIFICATION BADGE ASAP, my profile is ready 100%.

You can start right now. Don't wait.

Upwork team will contact you about verification later. You can not initiate it yourself.

01104d7e
Community Member

please sombody help me this is urgent for me. why i don't see identity verification section on my upwork? that's why  i can not verify my upwork ID. plz help me  how can i solve this problem?. About the problem i have mentioned below in the two attachment pictures

Hi Suipruaung,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
e46ffb5e
Community Member

I cant remember if I had verified my profile or not. The fact that there's no blue tick on my profile means my profile is not verified I guess and I looked for options to verify my profile but there's no Identity Verification option in my settings. So how to solve this problem ??? Any help would be great...  

You cannot ask for verification. You will get an email from Upwork when it is time for you to verify ID.

Thank you for the info.

63e8306c
Community Member

Hey! Its been two days but my account is still in verification process. The location and visual verification is done but the ID verification is on pending since past two days. Will it take a few more days to verify?

Thanks,
Bilal

63e8306c_0-1664456773406.png

Hi Bilal,

You should be able to see the badge on your profile now!

~Andrea
Upwork
6942603e
Community Member

We can't complete your request now

Please try again later.
To report this problem, click here.
For availability updates, visit our site status page.

Error 500 (N)
Trace ID: 080fbf6f-d3bb-447a-814c-181229eea335

The above message loads when I try to submit my ID for the verification process. I tried clearing the cache and cookies from my browser with no success. Thank You in advance.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I checked and it looks like your ID Verification Badge is already showing on your profile!

~Andrea
Upwork
0056b972
Community Member

I cant submit any proposals because of an issue that occured while uploading my ID which apparently locked my account in some sense. Of course, since actual human customer support is an illusion now-a-days, im stuck doing the run around trying to figure out how to contact anybody to fix this issue that im sure somebody in the IT department or another division would easily be able to navigate and fix. Meanwhile im just stuck loosing out on potential clients.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0056b972
Community Member

So customer service is now just wait in line for an issue that could easily be solved? I have to lose 2-4 days of potential work because of an issue ON YALLS END??? DO YOU NOT SEE THE PROBLEMS HERE?????

0056b972
Community Member

and why did you mark it as solved? open it back up because nothing was solved

Hi Ian,

I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and one of the members has reached out to you with instructions on how to complete the process. Feel free to coordinate by responding here or your email so that the team can assist you accordingly. 

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
cottonamc
Community Member

I have submitted a request  the number is Request ticket #37115734 I was told someone would contact me soon. So I waited around for 30 mins thinking that they would get back to me via the chat. I looked at my email and recieved a ticket at 12:34pm now I dont now how long it takes to get a person. I have waited 8hr to 48 hrs on chats before so I dont mind waiting. I just need to know if it will be 24 hours so I am not waiting by my computer or phone. 

-How long it take for cutomer service to take action, 24 to 48hrs?

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for following up. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
49e4ce32
Community Member

Hello, I have problem with ID verification. I submitted all requirements and it is in review for 2 days. I am in doing my first job on upwork and I am afraid that my account will be deactivated. 

Hi Ameer,

I reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now Verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kensum01
Community Member

Hello,

Recently I tried to authenticate my freelance account on upword by uploading my DL. I received an email stating the authentication failed and as a result my account is now on hold. I am unable to apply to any jobs. 

Could anyone please advise on a fix for this problem? I could not find any solution via the "Get Support" chat or Support page on the website.

Thanks,

Kendra

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your message. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team directly on the same email if you have additional questions regarding your verification process. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
naveedkhan09
Community Member

Hello team upwork I'm so much frustrated because i have tried dozens of times to verify my ID card in my upwork ID but every time it is failed. My previous name was Naveed khan but I changed it to my ID card name as Muhammad Naveed ul Islam.  In settings my name is changed but in the Identity verification section it is same as Naveed Khan and it can't be edited. So everytime I try to verify my ID it fails. Please help me in this matter. I shall be really Thankful to you . Please check the screenshots attached.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that there is a support ticket already regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.  Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
57d6986e
Community Member

Hi,

I have applied for ID Verification , But IT is still pending since days, while the other 2 already verified one is lcoation and other is visual verification completed and verified but the 1st one ID Document Verification Pending since days?

Please help me to proceedthe process ASAP.

Your urgent action will highly be appriciated.

Best Regards

Hi Shakeel,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the relevant team and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b00517b7
Community Member

Hi,

I have tried to do the ID verification more than 24 hours ago but a message is still appearing " We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day. Kindly assist me please

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your patience. Due to the high volume of submissions, it’s taking us a bit longer to review right now. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
77fdb1ee
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I have just landed my first client and now I wanted to verify my accont, My verification is still not done, there is written it is being reviewed and wouuld give the response in 1 buisness day, but it has been over 7 days, I dont want to get temporarily banned from the upwork.

Please need help.

I might have submitted a Black and White copy of National ID Card i guess if that's the issue. I can send the picture of original one once they open my submission again.

Please need help

Hi Muhammad,

You should be able to see the badge on your profile now!

~Andrea
Upwork
c7a0a7f6
Community Member

Hello

I have failed my id verficiation, and am facing following message.

c7a0a7f6_0-1664562985401.png

But once I click `Contact customer support` I dont see anything!

Please help me to verify my id. 

Look forward to connecting!

Thanks.

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Feel free to respond to the email you've received to update the ticket and coordinate with the appropriate team. After updating the ticket, kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f9d36bdd
Community Member

Good afternoon․
I have a problem with the verification of the profile, in fact it is just not there in the settings, I can not pass the verification, if you can help in this matter․
Thank you in advance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths