🐈
» Forums » Support » Job Feed Freezes / Stops Scrolling
Page options
7f9b79df
Community Member

Job Feed Freezes / Stops Scrolling

On Windows 10 x64 / Chrome, the Job Feed freezes after flagging a job:

1. Open job feed
  2. Scroll bar appears on right side of browser (see job-feed-01.png)
  3. Scroll to job
  4. Click on job
  5. Job opens a 2/3's modal window
  6. Flag job as inappropriate, i.e., contains contact info (see job-feed-02.png)
  7. Click left side of window to exit modal
  8. Job feed no longer allows scrolling > scroll br on right side of browser is MIA, and home, page-up/down, as well as arrow keys do not work. (see job-feed-03.png)

I've experienced this for at least 2 months now, and I thought I saw a post awhile ago that Upwork said they were aware of the issue and later said it was resolved. I beg to differ.

I've done the usual Upwork suggestions of clearing cookies, etc... but no go. Same behavior continues to occur.

Upwork, please fix this bug.

And 3, 2, 1... I'm sure one of the regulars here will just say "then stop flagging jobs" or something like that. Nah, how about Upwork fix the platform.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I understand this is an older thread but I'd like to provide an update that a fix was released some time ago and our engineers have been monitoring for any new errors and reports. Since we haven't received any new reports related to this issue, we'll be considering this issue resolved and closing this thread from further comments. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the report, Kindler.

Could you please share which version of Chrome you're using so we can try to replicate the experience you described?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I thought it was a known bug? It's been like this for months since the layout change with the much too large banner on top of the feed. 

Vladimir G wrote:

Thanks for the report, Kindler.

Could you please share which version of Chrome you're using so we can try to replicate the experience you described?

Latest version of Chrome, and any version over the past few months. This also occurs with Edge.

Same thing for me on latest version of Firefox.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I continue to experience this, too. Chrome Version 94.0.4606.124 (Official Build) (32-bit)

It sometimes discourages me from flagging job posts that need to be taken down because it's a nuisance to stop and reload the page afterward.

anna_babicheva
Community Member

Same for Safari Version 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.20).

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kindler, Liz, Phyllis, and Anna, 

Since these are different browser's we have asked the team to reach out to you separately so that our engineers can investigate this further. 

Thank you for sharing this with our team!

~ Avery
Upwork
7f9b79df
Community Member

And a new twist:

1. Open scam job link in new tab
  2. Scroll bar appears on right side of browser
  3. Flag job as inapprorpriate
  4. Scroll bar is removed from the right side of browser

This issue is more pervasive than just occuring on the job feed modal.

kelly_e
Community Member

This has been happening to me as well for at least a week, maybe longer... takes a while to get annoyed enough to find out if there's a thread on it in the forum.

Latest version of Firefox on Mac.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I understand this is an older thread but I'd like to provide an update that a fix was released some time ago and our engineers have been monitoring for any new errors and reports. Since we haven't received any new reports related to this issue, we'll be considering this issue resolved and closing this thread from further comments. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths