🐈
» Forums » Support » My profile change as private from public
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865

Hi Aleksandar,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you Andrea, the profile is public now. I have one more question, maybe you can help me again: in best matches, no job suggestions are presented to me, and also in the most recent section, although have more jobs selected in my categories. please help me with this.

Hi Aleksandar,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Arjay,

I deleted the cookies and the cache, changed another browser and it's still the same. No change.
at best matches it is empty, and at most recent it gives me this, I am sending you a screenshot

Screenshot .png

Hi Aleksandar,

Could you please try adjusting your feed by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option, and saving your search to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks Luiggi,
I will probably go through the find work filter as before, because in best matches and most recent nothing has changed no matter what I do.

c2e89b5d
Community Member

Hi,

I have my Upwork profile which is Private as of today. I am willing to create an Agency account (which I intend to convert to my existing profile). If I convert the current profile (which is private) to the agency, will that make my profile public? 

Ideas here is to make an agency account and I do not want to create any new profile and hence this is the question.

Hi Obioma,

If your goal is to have your freelancer profile visibility set to public, I went ahead and reset that for you. If you're still interested in creating an Agency, you can learn about it here. Also, please keep in mind that creating multiple freelancer accounts is against our Terms of Service, so that is not an option.

~Andrea
Upwork
gazirafsan
Community Member

After a long time of trying, I get a job and complete it successfully. But I can not activate the ability badge because of a private account. please help me to make my account public. Also, my work status is not updated on my profile page like how many projects and earn and  hour status. please help me 

Hi Rafsan,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,

My profile visibility seems private , I resetted it many times ,but it still is same. What can I do for this?

Hi Emre,

I've successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
hussain_munawar
Community Member

upwork as convert my profile from public to private .how my profile should be change into public 

Hi Munawar,

I've successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
8b346973
Community Member

We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.

paywell
Community Member

Hi Imran,

Your profile visibility has been reset.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
16dee1c9
Community Member

Hello,

I noticed my profile was on locked private and have been sending requests to Support for it to be changed to public for 3 days now, yet no response. Please kindly set my profile back to public. Thank you 

Hi Chidera,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
taufique_2020
Community Member

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

Hi Md Taufique,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5194e0bf
Community Member

Hi,

My account is set to private, have been trying to set it to public but is not allowing me to change it 

Please I need your help on this!

Thanks.

Oluwaseun.

Hi Oluwaseun,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sherz12r
Community Member

hi my profile also set to private i requested upwork several times but they mail me after 4 hours it will change but not changed yet i just started earning also please make my profile to public i shall be vary thankfull 

Hi Sherz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile is set to Public now. A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
taufique_2020
Community Member

Thanks a lot

saimamunawar
Community Member

my upwork profile has change into private how to make is public.

please guide

Hi Saima,

Your profile visibility has been reset, it's now public.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
talhayaseen1987
Community Member

Please reset my profile, private to publicly visible to the general public and will show up in search engine results.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Please reset my profile, private to publicly visible to the general public and will show up in search engine results.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I checked your profile and noticed that your profile visibility is already set to public.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
graphic_hello
Community Member

I'm writing this application regarding my Upwork profile. Currently, my profile is private. I would like to public my profile so that I can able to bid on the project for getting started.

Looking forward to take the necessary steps immediately.

Thanks,

Sabuj Akanda

Hi MD Sabuj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
cbdd821e
Community Member

Hello,

My profile had been set to private or unavailable. I have bought new concepts and make request to set it without since a week without any action from upwork community

Hi Mohamad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
fcaf4d95
Community Member

Hi, My profile visibility is on private and I am not able to set it up to be Public. Please help.

Hi Rida,

~ AJ
Upwork
frosinaa
Community Member

Hello, i want my profile to be public again. i sended request to upwork suport team to be publick, but its still private.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths