🐈
» Forums » Support » Medical Office Assistant Job - Telegram? Sket...
Page options
ed6b34fe
Community Member

Medical Office Assistant Job - Telegram? Sketchy? So many scams.

That's the email I received but I'm unable to find the position on Upwork anymore. It says: This job has been removed from Upwork, so we are no longer able to retrieve your proposal. So, it seems sketchy to me. Thoughts?!?

I just had another upwork listing that seemed legit at first called**Edited for community guidelines**but they moved the communication to skype asking for my info & now their upwork post has magically disappeared also! I gave them pi as my ssn becuase it seemed sketchy. Now they wanna send me a check for a laptop idk something i'm not going to mess with. I'll talk to them waste their time just cause...LOL 

Thanks!
Kasey
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Kasey,

Please know that communication outside the platform is a violation of Upwork TOS. If you can no longer access the job, it's most likely removed by our team already. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Kasey,

Please know that communication outside the platform is a violation of Upwork TOS. If you can no longer access the job, it's most likely removed by our team already. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ed6b34fe
Community Member

Thanks for editing my post. I'm trying to help others to  not be scammed. It seems like there are more and more scams on here versus legit postings. Super bummed.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Totally a scam. Thanks for reporting it here.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths