🐈
» Forums » Support » Membership Upgrade
Page options
thewas
Community Member

Membership Upgrade

Hello,

why does my Card buy connects but is declined when I try to upgrade to the Plus membership plan?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Innocent,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading your membership. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

283 REPLIES 283

Upwork this is unfair, I can upgrade, I can't even see the membership plan on the settings section, my upgrade are unavailable on the app, I am just stagnant here on the app

Hi Amaka,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble upgrading your membership. Can you please share more information on the error you're getting whenever you try doing so? A screenshot of what you see on your end could help.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
96ae3724
Community Member

I have 88$ in my account. When I'm trying to buy connects it says " Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later. "

I did choose balance option when it asks for the payment

Hi Faiq,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
40f9e649
Community Member

Hi there, I have been trying to upgrade my upwork membership to plus account but whenever I try to do so, I am getting this message. We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later. Please help me out here.

Hi Muhammad Zakrya,

I have requested the help of our team. One of our agents will be in touch with you shortly to provide further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
cf355ec7
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

i have tried many times but in vain

Hi Rana,

I looked into this for you and would like to confirm that your billing method was declined. Don't hesitate to contact your bank for more information on why the transaction was declined.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mudasir3
Community Member

Hi,I am trying to upgrade my membership plan but unable to add billing method even though my Bank confirms everything is in order on their side,  getting this error everytime,

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

~Andrea
Upwork
01e1eb26
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Gold, 

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
chukure
Community Member

Hello, I just added my prepaid credit card and it won't let me recharge the plus plan

Hi Jose Javier,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Upwork could not process my payment for the freelancer plus subscription, it says "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." but upon checking my online bank, amount has already been deducted from my bank account. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Hi Archee,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, I am trying to activate Freelancer Plus but it is not working. Everything is ok from my bank side.

Can someone please advise ?

Hello Kostika,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing issues while trying to activate Freelancer Plus. If your payment is not going through and everything seems fine from your bank's side, it's best to contact Upwork support directly to get assistance with resolving the problem. They will be able to provide you with the necessary guidance and help you activate your Freelancer Plus membership successfully.

You can reach Upwork support immediately by clicking on this link: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Upwork support team will be more than happy to assist you further with your payment issue.

Usama I.

Systems Engineer, Cybersecurity Expert and DevOps Engineer.

Connect with Usama on Upwork

Hi Kostika,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble upgrading your membership. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
prillia
Community Member

Hello,

Today I can't buy connects.

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks

prillia_0-1690810055629.png

Hi Prillia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork
anitha42
Community Member

Hi,

I have added my card details and tried to upgrade the membership. But it shows the below message. I tried with another card. I got the same message. Even I tried with my PayPal id. I am not able to upgrade my membership. Please advise.

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi Anitha,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

I have been trying to upgrade my account for the last two weeks or at minimum purchase connects. However with both I get an error message that says the system could not process my request, please reach out to customer support. When I use the chat support it has been unable to help or open a ticket for me.  How can I open a ticket so my account can be fixed and upgraded?

Hi Emily,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble upgrading your membership. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

It was 29 july,  u tried to upgrade my membership. but it doesn't worked. what can be reason? 

hello, you can make it now, it doesn't work in the last 3 days of the month

Tural Babashov

Hi Shahriyar,

It looks like your current subscription is being renewed, as your billing cycle goes from Jul 19, 2023, to Aug 18, 2023, and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please try upgrading your subscription once your billing cycle renews within 48 hours. You can see your current billing cycle on your Membership & Connects page. Feel free to check this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello,

I tried upgrading to Freelancer Plus Membership but received a message that "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later."

When can I attempt the upgrade again? Please advise the timeline.

Also, I can't locate the support ticket option to address this. Can you help me open a ticket about the upgrade issue?

Thank you,

Hi Arafat,

You're seeing that error because today is when your subscription renews. Please allow 24-48 for the subscription to renew. Once you see the updated billing cycle on your Membership & Connects page, you should be able to proceed with the upgrade. Feel free to visit this article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b641db70
Community Member

Hi there,

I am unable to upgrade my Basic membership to Freelancer Plus. My bank account is working fine and I am able to buy connects with the Mastercard issued by the same bank account.

But whenever I try to activate my membership to Freelancer Plus by the same Mastercard, it always showing that "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

I have suffering from this problem since several days. I have already contacted with bank and according to them there are no flaws at their service.

I would request you to please give me a suitable solution for this problem as an early opportunity.

[N.B. - Screenshot for the aforesaid problem is attached for your reference.]

With Regards,

Lala Rajarsi Roy

Hi  Lala Rajarsi,

I checked and saw that your card- issuing bank has declined the transaction. Please contact them directly so they can look into the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm trying to buy the freelancer plus subscription, but it's showing "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later." Can someone guide please.

Hi Anupam,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
235c5485
Community Member

When i try to click on memebership and connect, I'm unable to edit this

Agency Profile Link: Click Here

It shows this message

"Failed to load the current subscription details. Please try again. If the issue persists, please contact Customer Support."

235c5485_0-1700030538331.png

Please guide me how i can solve this

Hi Asifa,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a93fcc07
Community Member

I've been frustrated with this issue I tried 3 cards and even my Paypal to renew my Plus membership I can't do it. 

Please someone help because Upwork support just closes tickets and says that things are done but nothing works. 

Thanks

Hi Rehan,

I can confirm that one of our team members has updated your ticket, and I'm happy to confirm that the limitation on your account has been removed. You can check the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I am trying to change upwork plan from Basic to Plus but showing this error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

I checked everything is fine from bank side and for verify payment method i bought connects and deducted amount from same payment method it's working but while i am trying to change plan it's showing error as i mentioned above.

I also tried remove and add payment details still same issue.

Kindly please look into this.

Thank you 

Hi Dharmesh,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths