🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Money Available to Withdraw that Came fro...
Page options
iana_vasileva
Community Member

Money Available to Withdraw that Came from Nowhere

Hello, I have no idea how to contact support, this is why I am asking here. Suddenly, out of nowhere, money available to withdraw appeared in my account. I have no idea where it came from as I have already withdrawn my money the previous week and my "In Review" and "Pending Funds" are still there with no change. Is this a glitch or something like that? Where this money came from and is it really mine?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to provide an update and more information about this issue that has since been resolved. 

Due to
 the bug originally reported on this thread and now resolved some funds that were supposed to become available on Friday, January 6 became available prematurely. So if you made a withdrawal earlier in the week (January 2, 2023), you have already withdrawn your earnings despite a notification you may have received on the 6th. We encourage you to check your Transaction History report for more details.

The reason why it’s now showing $0.00 is that the premature availability of funds caused your account to have a negative balance and since the issue has been fixed and your funds are now released, the negative balance has been paid off by the amount you have received. Simply put, this means that the funds have been withdrawn earlier than expected causing it to show $0.00 now. If you have not withdrawn anything and you did not see any negative balance prior to the availability of your funds based on transaction history, please contact our support team on this page

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57

Thank you Annie! 

Hi Annie, both payments went through to my bank. What should I do with the other payment that was a glitch on "available"? 

I don't mind if I won't receive payment next week or have it on hold since I already got 2 payments this week. Either resolution will be okay with me, it was an honest mistake that I did, and I apologize for that. 

This morning I withdrew my available earnings. Now, a few hours later, a random amount of $121.50 is showing as available. It looks like it's a portion of this week's earnings, but it doesn't make sense. I'm on all hourly contracts and nothing should be available until next week. 

What is going on? 

nareshmkwn2003
Community Member

Same here!

I am seeing last week's payment under Available tab even though it was withdrawn on Friday. I hope Upwork will resolve it soon.

The money I see is a totally different sum.

aisenyi
Community Member

Same. Came here to see if anybody has faced the same issue. Money available out of no where. Couldn't track where it came from in the transaction history

d_gulmatov
Community Member

almost Same! 
I see money which should be available in  Friday is available today but that money is still in review as well. I am wondering what happened

michaelkb1977
Community Member

Same.... as much as I'd like to withdraw, I'm sure they would take it out of my next check lol I'll leave it be!

joansands
Community Member

I have the same problem. But I think it is a bigger problem for Upwork.

NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. The technical team is aware of the issue and working on fixing this as soon as possible.

We will update this thread once we have more information. 

We appreciate your patience, 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5a9f8ba1
Community Member

Thank you, this is what brought me to the community to find answers to my question of why I saw additional money in my available amount. Now I can't even withdraw my real money, I have to wait.

I hope Upwork won't end up collecting both my money that is there.

hhumayun91
Community Member

Same. I see my last weeks earnings "in review" and in "available funds". I figured it was a glitch. 

qq-worker1
Community Member

I think it is a New year bonus from upwork to all freelancers.. equvalant to their previous week earning..

LOL

😉

👏🤣🤣🤣👌

4859d48b
Community Member

I withdraw money yesterday... 😞 now is my contracts on hold. 

" was temporarily suspended. You will be notified as soon as the problem is resolved.
Jan 2"   
efc5e71c
Community Member

Yet more evidence of the clown show Upwork is rapidly becoming. Upper management should bow out in graceful shame.

eholstein-steele
Community Member

The same thing happened to me. I traced it back to a year ago when I started on Upwork and it showed as being my first week's earnings. I compared to my checking deposits and it was not there. I needed my funds, so I took with withdrawal. I put the additional funds aside in case it turned out to be an error. I had funds available this morning to transfer, but there is now another known glitch and everything has reset to zero. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to provide an update and more information about this issue that has since been resolved. 

Due to
 the bug originally reported on this thread and now resolved some funds that were supposed to become available on Friday, January 6 became available prematurely. So if you made a withdrawal earlier in the week (January 2, 2023), you have already withdrawn your earnings despite a notification you may have received on the 6th. We encourage you to check your Transaction History report for more details.

The reason why it’s now showing $0.00 is that the premature availability of funds caused your account to have a negative balance and since the issue has been fixed and your funds are now released, the negative balance has been paid off by the amount you have received. Simply put, this means that the funds have been withdrawn earlier than expected causing it to show $0.00 now. If you have not withdrawn anything and you did not see any negative balance prior to the availability of your funds based on transaction history, please contact our support team on this page

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths