🐈 Community

Need documents from Upwork.com in India for Tax purposes.

Hi, We are an Indian company registered in india. We need the tax residency certificate of Upwork Escrow Inc, PAN number and Permanent Establishment certificate for complying with the Indian tax laws Please advise. Thank you.

But Upwork is not registered in India.

It doesn't matter. Every company doing business is required to have those documents.  

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad,


One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar

Hello Aleksandar,

We are also facing the same issue.


We are an Indian company registered in india.


We need the following documents from Upwork for Tax Compliance Purpose.

1. India PAN if available else "No Permanent Establishment" Declaration (Format is attached)
2. Tax residency Certificate
3. Declaration in Form 10F (Format is attached)
4. Tax Identification Number (TIN) in the country of residence. Where TIN is not available, a unique identification number.




Hi Phonon,


One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran

Hi Goran V,


No one has contacted us till now.

Hi there, 

I checked your account and can see that a member of the team has reached out to you through your ticket with Ticket #27713589. Kindly refer to the same ticket thread for more information about your concern. 

~ Avery

Here is the copy of the No PE in India certificate by Upwork. Hope it helps

Hello Sir 


we are from  india we had given work through upwork  we require the sames documents do you the the documents & can you share me the same **Edited for Community Guidelines**

We require for tax complainces

Thank You

Hi Vgparekh,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.