🐈
» Forums » Support » Needed help buy Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

965 REPLIES 965

Hey Annie, thank you for your response, I know it's up to me but could you please confirm that if I leave a contract open for so long it won't impact my profile at all? I saw other community posts where freelancers mentioned that if you keep an inactive contract for so long, it will impact your score negatively. Can you confirm whether it's true or not?

Hi Syeda,

Keeping contracts with no recent activity open will not affect your score negatively.

~ AJ
Upwork
faisalrazzaq41
Community Member

I have been trying to add my billing method to buy the connect, but I have got the same error,(unable to authorize the card try again or connect with your bank ) and after some time I try again to add the  card this time error (You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to add a payment card.) plz help me out, I needed to buy the connect, 

kind regards,

faisal razzaq

Hi Faisal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
bd79d375
Community Member

Hello,
I'm also having issues purchasing connects with my debit card. I've tried all 4, and nothing. Can this be resolved quickly?

Hi Ade-Ajayi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
0e401613
Community Member

HI !
I am from pakistan and unabble to set my card as billing method as it gives error , I am short of connects and want to buy them. Please help me

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
1d3dc656
Community Member

I own an agency and it has 27 connects now. I am exlusive member of that agency. But why I am not able to turn on availability flag?

Hi Jais,

Please note that Agency members who are exclusive work on Upwork only as part of the agency. Exclusive members' proposals are all submitted as members of the agency. Feel free to check this help article for more details.

Regarding your ability to buy Connects, It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1d3dc656
Community Member

But my agency has 27 connects. Is that not enough for turning availability flag?

credit card issue comes only when I have to purchase. But  agency already has enough connects!

I am trying for this for long time. Kindly help.

Hi Jais,

Thank you for your message. Apologies for the delay in responding to this message. I will be checking this information for you with the relevant team and will update this thread as soon as I have the required information for you. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jais, 

I'm sorry for the delay; we had to look into this further. Please know that the team is aware of this issue and is working towards fixing it. If the team has more information to share, they will reach out to you through a support ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ff9ff75b
Community Member

I'm unable to purchase connect from my Indian Debit Card. I've checked my settings and International usage is enabled.

I've tried thrice but after submitting OTP it redirects back to buy connects page without any error or any other message.

Remember Time is Money.

Please help urgently !!!

Hi Jamshed,

I'll have one of our team members assist you with your concern via a support ticket. Please expect your ticket here or in your email once it's been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dd79a814
Community Member

Hi 

I want to purchase membership there show some errors  Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

But connects are purchase why not purchase the membership

kindly solve my problem,Thanks

Hi Asif,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
7ee02b48
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to buy more connects. This message showed up that your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Please help.
Regards,
Hamza

Hi Hamza,

I checked, and it looks like your card-issuing bank declined the transaction. You may want to contact them directly to check the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
tooba226
Community Member

Hi, I am working in a company. So now my Availability sign is off because of having no connect in my freelancer account. I am receiving an error while adding. Kindly let me know how can I add connect to my freelancer account while working in a company. Thanks

Hi Tuba,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact your card-issuing bank and ask them why it was rejected? Please also ask them to allow international transactions and remove any restrictions that might be hindering this transaction. Alternatively, if you have other payment methods, you can try using them instead.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, is it allow to buy connect while working as an executive member of an agency? Because I am facing membership error. Thanks

Hi Tuba,

Thank you for reaching out to us. As an exclusive agency member, you work on Upwork only as part of the agency, and as an exclusive member you do not have a individual Connects balance. Feel free to check this help article for more details.

~ Nikola
Upwork
75cf876d
Community Member

Please I want to buy connects today.The last time I tried with my Visa card my account was suspended.Now I want to try with my master card which has my maiden name different from my marriage name which has been verified.I hope it won't be an offense .

what is the essence of the question? you can’t pay? better contact the support chat

Hi Mary,

~ AJ
Upwork
45dd4a1f
Community Member

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

I get this notification pop up whenever I am trying to add my card details to buy more connects. Please, help. I have tried more than one card as well.

Hi Awojide,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact your card-issuing bank and ask them why it was rejected? Please also ask them to allow international transactions and remove any restrictions that might be hindering this transaction. Alternatively, if you have other payment methods, you can try using them instead.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e4e168bf
Community Member

Hello,I tried to buy connect now but my request is not processing.please help me 

Hi Boluwatlife,

~ AJ
Upwork
e4e168bf
Community Member

Hello,i have been trying to buy connect since yesterday but my request is not processed please help me.

Hi Boluwatife,

Could you please confirm if you've been able to try AJ's suggestions from yesterday

~Andrea
Upwork
ezzatmostafa
Community Member

I am just trying to buy connects to apply to jobs I bought connects in the morning though, Everytime I buy through my 2 cards and PayPal I get this message "Your payment could not be processed." ! 
So there are some jobs I urgently need to apply to. thanks

ezzatmostafa_0-1662722879411.png

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, 
Yes the bank has maintance services today but I also have PayPal account which connected to Upwork and has $300 and there is no charges want to be done on the PayPal as well, I think Upwork charges through the card that connected to PayPal regardless if there is balance in the account, I hope the issue gonna be solved. 

Thanks.

Now, I'm able to buy connects through my VISA card but  can't buy through PayPal which connected the same VISA card that I just used on Upwork!

d2f4d585
Community Member

I am trying to buy connects but my payment is getting declined. I have confirmed with the bank everything is okay from them

Hi Ayaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please contact your card-issuing bank and ask them why it was rejected? Please also ask them to allow international transactions and remove any restrictions that might be hindering this transaction. Alternatively, if you have other payment methods, you can try using them instead.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

~ AJ
Upwork

As I mentioned already Its been 2 days I'm in constant contact with my bank and they assured me that International Transactions are enabled & working. That's why I have posted in community as it might be a problem from your side.

Hi Ayaz,

I'm sorry to hear about that. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths