🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: New to upwork
Page options
26ff4f4e
Community Member

New to upwork

Hi everyone.Wanted to ask smth.If getting employed by someone, the work contract is provided by upwork or they do send it via email?Someone asked me to pay a fee for a data entry service

4 REPLIES 4
sofia2008
Community Member

This is a scam.

Real clients will never ask you to pay any fees to work.

Keep in mind that communicating outside of Upwork before being formally hired on Upwork is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed in.

Accepting payment outside of Upwork is also a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

26ff4f4e
Community Member

Thats why i asked in advance, cause someone sent me an email.Thank you for your response.

Where did he get you email from?

759e32fa

Hi Tobia, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Sophie is right, clients will never ask you to pay any fees to work. Communicating outside Upwork before a contract has started and receiving payments outside Upwork is a violation of our Terms of Service. If someone asks you to contact them outside Upwork before a contract has started, you are giving them your personal information by sending them a message as they will have your contact information already.

You may want to check Wes's post regarding top red flags for scams to keep yourself safe. Note that you may also report suspicious user activities by following the steps provided in this article.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths