🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
49e4626c
Community Member

Hi, I am also having this issue. Posting this here because I'm not sure where else to go since I can't even finish making my account. Need help.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
f4ee7197
Community Member

I'm having this same issue myself right now, could anyone help?

Hi Hunter,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Trying to verify. Insanely frustrated.

Tried Chrome, Brave, Firefox. All cookies deleted, cache, etc.

No clue why it won't let me get past this step. Please help. Thank you very much!!!

-Chris

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris, 

I'll go ahead and forward this to the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
3e05618c
Community Member

I have tried this before, to no avail....but am trying once again. I am setting up my profile, then at the point where they request my phone #, I list that and click through where they say they sent me a text to my phone number? No, this is not a cell phone....it is my business land line....why is this so difficult to establish? What alternatives are proviided to those of us who do not deal with apps, cell phones or texting? Please help

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dan, 

I'm sorry if you cannot verify your phone number time with your landline. I asked for the help of the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further through an email support ticket. Once a ticket is generated, you will be able to access it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
shll
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to complete my profile set up and got to the verification of my phone number and it keeps Saying, “ something went wrong, please try again later”. I’ve even waited a whole day. Please help.

Hi Schelle,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
666e84df
Community Member

When I try to verify my phone number it says it is already in use. Help?

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bbb782c9
Community Member

I have same issue

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before.

Hi Geetashri,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
5898503d
Community Member

I pushed the verify phone number button and I am not receiving my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

Hi Alvin,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork

I've tried a bunch of times and my phone number is correct but I'm not receiving any text. Please help me out

526ab283
Community Member

I am creating an account but the phone number verification step is not working because "This number is being used by another account". Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Mahmoud,

I've escalated your concern to our team. One of ur agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0c052916
Community Member

I'm trying to set up an account in Upwork and everytime I try to verfify my phone nuymber it says it is already in use. I do not remember creating an account before and if I did, the emails I used are no longer accessible. Can someone help me delete the old account somehow?

Hi Grace,

I would be happy to help. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
eaf3cb7d
Community Member

Like everyone else on here, I'm also trying to set up my account but am having trouble verifying it because of my phone number being "already in use." I have never used Upwork before in my life and would like to have this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you!

Hi Lian,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e242818e
Community Member

I need help on this too! Same thing is happening and it's my first time creating an Upwork Account!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roxana, 

This happens when you have an old account on Upwork that used the same number when you registered the account. I'll go ahead and ask for the help of the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you directly and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
e242818e
Community Member

Thank you. It was my first time creating an account

I was creating a new account (i'm new to  Upwork) and it says that my phone number has been used by another account. I haven't done another account before. Can someone please help me?

Hi Roxana,

I checked and can confirm the team has reached out to you via email in order to assist you. They are waiting for your reply.

~Andrea
Upwork
e242818e
Community Member

I checked my email, including my spam folder, but haven't receive an email yet. May someone contact me again?

Hi Roxana,

I'll follow up with the team and check on this. Please keep your eye on this page and your email.

~Andrea
Upwork
04805c57
Community Member

I'm Having the same issue, could someone please reach out to me?

Dear Support,

Im trying to setup my google profile for Up Work but at the last step when I provide my US phone **Edited for Community Guidelines**number Im getting error that it is already in use. Please help resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Amitabh

Hello,

When I try to make an up work account, I receive an error message that my number is associated with another account. I don't believe that I've ever made an account with UpWork. Where do I go to resolve this issue?

Hi Amitabh,

I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

When I enter my phone number I get the message that the number is used by another account and to please enter another one. This is my phone number. I cannot complete my application. Please advise.

Hi Autumn,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
6667f90c
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to fully verify this account by adding a phone number but it says it's already in use. Can you please help me with removing my phone number from the other account so I can add it to this one?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
bb52b5ee
Community Member

This is happening to me as well, can anybody help?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths