🐈
» Forums » Support » Random jobs on my profile and Jobs are not up...
Page options
9387be10
Community Member

Random jobs on my profile and Jobs are not updating correctly

Hello Team,

I am faicng this issue for past 2 days. I am not seeing relevant jobs. Like i am seeing TickTok , youtube management and couple other catagories jobs in my Most recent feed. It used to be only Technical Support or Microsoft 365 and Migration related jobs. I am not sure what is going on. 

If i refresh 2 or 3 times the search is changing not sure, if development team is working on something or what the issue is.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Shahbaz

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to confirm that our engineers have released a fix and this issue should be resolved. Please, consider refreshing your browser or clearing cache and cookies to make sure the fix is reflected. If the issue persists after that, please let us know here or submit a report directly with our support team by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page. 

Thank you for your reports and patience. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

108 REPLIES 108
Community Member

Hi Shahbaz i suggest you make a specialized profile that is free of cost with more selection of skills.

I was facing the same issue, But now its its fixed.

I hope this will help you alot

I have specialized profile as well. Does not help at all

Good suggestion Umer. I also did the same 

richards37
Community Member

I'm facing similar challenge... Jobs from all categories are just appearing. This has been happening for the past two days. Upwork Admin, please what's going on?

Thank you

5177fd30
Community Member

Recently encounter this issue: My Fee, US Only, Best Matches, seem to relate to search preferences, however, "Most Recent" does not.  "Most Recent" also does not update to similar jobs after "thumbs downing" many irrelevant jobs. 

semirko
Community Member

This started happening two days ago, and its very annoying. This page has been changed visually which doesnt matter a lot, it would be nice to make upwork.com work properly as it used to work. Get support button is not working either...

359f8aeb
Community Member

I am having the same issue for 2,3 days ago, Before 2 November the most recent section was working perfectly, Jobs were refreshing every seconds and all jobs were related to my category/skills, But from 2 November it changed totally, I don't get a single job from my own category/skill which is disapointing, I wanted to go t support team but get support button is not working,I thought it is only me but came to know you are also facing same thing!!

If you find any solution please do let me know!

It should be fixed ASAP!!

Respected Members,

I am from financial category, unfortunately from last 3-4 days my category (finance and accounts) not uploading the correct finance jobs. Even my base category is appearing correctly.

Where it is technical issue or not..

Thank You

Hi,

Since last more than 12 hrs, jobs in my feed are not from my skillsets chosen. They are from all other skills, which I have not tagged in my profile. All those jobs are not even related to my category also which I have chosen. Attached is the snapshot of latest jobs, which are not related to my job profile.

Can someone pls guide how to stop this?

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your Job feed. Could you please try saving some searches? This should help populate your feed with the relevant jobs. You can try searching different skills applicable to your profile. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for replying. But it was showing me till yesterday since last more than 1 year under the "Most Recent" option. I am not sure if it is a bug or if Upwork changed its algorithm.

If I have to try other options, then what is the use of the skills I have tagged in my profile?

Request you to kindly look into the matter.

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your message. I understand your concern. I would like to clarify that the jobs showing on “My Feed” are based on the filters of your Saved Search. This means that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you’ve chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you’ve saved and searched. However, if there is none saved, it will be based on your categories. Since categories are broad ( ie: Engineering has many kinds), the system may give you many skills that are not exactly relevant to what you want to see (but in a way related such as programming, you may also see jobs related to designs or animation which are not the same but can be related). This is the reason why we highly suggest freelancers start manually searching and saving projects from time to time. However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes some time to fetch the results.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your response Pradeep. However, this was not the case in the past. Related and jobs relevant to our skill sets appears automatically once refreshed. I think the algorithm of upwork for job posting has been changed. Please kindly help us rectify this issue.

We are still experiencing this issue, please

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gerry, 

I checked your account and can see that the jobs in your "My Feed" is related to the skills you added to your profile. Are you seeing other jobs that are not related? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Lately I have noticed a uptick of job posts when the feed is set to US only with location requirements out side of the united states even tho the job post is set for "worldwide"  Why is Upwork not enforcing location rules?
Also is it common on here for hourly based contracts to offer BELOW federal minimal wage?

Can you please help I am also facing the same issue. Please help me.

Dear Support Team,

I have some problems. I am unable to see the latest jobs on my feed. I cleared the cache also but facing the same problem. can you please solve my profile issue? so that I would be able to make bids on jobs. The job feed based on my categories does not match. Please help me.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Pronob

Hi Pronob‚

Check if your computer's date and time are correct. If not then setup it correctly.

Regards

Hi there,

I'm workign here on Upwork as a soucing agent, and all of my skills and expertises set are related to sourcing, procurement, business translation and market research,etc...,however, I have noticed that the jobs reccommended most recently by platform are something else that have nothing to do with my skills, such as website design, photography, UI design, dada entry, etc. I'm wondering how this occured? Why? If I always receive such job posts, I cannot manage to apply for the jobs that really match my skills in a timely manner. How can I solve this issue please? I appreciate for your kind attention.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have faced some problems with my account. Other category jobs show in my account. (The most recent jobs) that did not match my skills and profile description

Dear sirs, 

Since nov 2, i have noticed Find work - most recent - many irrelevant jobs posted over there ... i could submit any proposal due to unable to find any work fit to my skill.

could you please help to fix this problem asap? i heard some people have got it straigthened out... 

Hi Kent,

Could you please try refreshing your browser or clearing your cache and cookies? If the issue persists after that, please let us know here or submit a report directly with our support team by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am facing the same issue, it's very uncomfortable to see all the jobs being irrelevent. Can't find a way to ask this through get support.

Hi, 

Can you Please check why my Job feed is full with irrelevant job postings. 

Also, I can't see any new job. 

Please look into this matter. 

Best regards. 

In the last few days,precisely since the start of November,the most recent jobs in my account is filled with irrelevant jobs from multiple fields which are not mentioned in my skills.I don't have Java anywhere in my profile yet I am getting jobs related to Java.My skills include mostly cloud and devops and earlier I used to get jobs related to that only in the most recent section but now I am getting Web Development and Java related jobs also which is not my speciality

Has anyone else had this issue? I just noticed this recently. Normally when I look for jobs, when I go under the recent job posting tab it shows recent jobs with tags that match my skillsets. Now it has been giving me an onslaught of jobs that have absolutely nothing to do with my skills. I am a 2d illustrator and it keeps giving me engineering/architect/3d modeling listings. Normally a few wrong-skill listings here and there are normal and I mark them as "does not match skillset" but now it looks like an onslaught of only these jobs that I have no qualification and interest for. I'm worried that they are drowning out jobs that I actually qualify for. Is there a change in algorithm or some kind of bug? Just curious and hoping maybe this isn't a permanent thing. 

Hi Rachel,

Can you please try refreshing your browser or clearing your cache and cookies? If the issue persists after that, please let us know here or submit a report directly with our support team by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello,

From past few days I am facing this issue, the recent job posted tab is showing me 90% jobs which are very irrelevent to me, For exmaple it shows me typing jobs etc.

Please I need this fixed so I can bid on jobs which are relevent to me.

Thanks. 

Hi Nawazish,

The jobs showing on "My Feed" are based on the filters of your Saved Search. This means that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched.

However, if there is none saved, it will be based on your categories. Since categories are broad ( ie: Engineering has many kinds), the system may give you many skills that are not exactly relevant to what you want to see (but in a way related such as programming, you may also see jobs related to designs or animation which are not the same but can be related).

I highly suggest that you start manually searching and saving projects from time to time. However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes some time to fetch the results.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, thank you for your response. 

However I have same saved searches from past few years, they are about Instagram, social media & Influencer marketing. Now from past 3-4 days most of the jobs in recent tab I see have job titles like these, Typing assistant needed, retype pdf to jpeg, shopify page, translator needed etc. 

I have never searched for such jobs so I have no clue where they are coming from. 

I think by getting all these jobs in recent tab, I would be missing the jobs which are relevent to me.

But prior to November it was working perfectly fine... it's only since November that no jobs in the most recent section are matching my skills

why i am not be shown jobs according to my skills?

i have mentioned my skills but still i am shown adrupt jobs not related to my skillls in my jobs and most recent etc

pmabuts
Community Member

I have the same issue. Have you tried to reach out to the support team via email?

If you want to see job posts in your skills, you have to filter your niche skills to the advanced search for jobs tab and save them. Then they will appear to your selected skills.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Syed,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.

~Andrea
Upwork

It's been almost a week, 90% of the jobs posted under most recent tab are irrelevent to me and I cannot even find one job to bid.

I have never searched for kind of jobs I am seeing in the most recent tab, please help me out! 

Hi Nawazish,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea, I just cleaned the cache & cookies, it's still the same. 

Thank you for confirming, Nawazish. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths