🐈
» Forums » Support » Refund unpaid money
Page options
nijatgojaev
Community Member

Refund unpaid money

I started a contract with a client. Immediately after starting the contract, the I thought this job was not suitable for me, so I refund the money and closed the contract. A few days later I realized that the customer had not actually paid me the money they sent me as a bonus. The money has been in the pending tab for 3 weeks and when I contacted customer service they informed me that the money was not paid. My current balance has been negative for more than 3 weeks and all the money I earn is calculated to the negative balance. The question is, will the money I earned from other jobs come back? I lost big money and my problem is not getting better. I contacted the technical team many times but still my problem is not solved. I would be very grateful if someone competent could help with this. Thanks in advance. ! 

2 REPLIES 2
ArjayM

Hi Nijat,

I'm sorry to learn about this disappointing experience. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow our team time to review your case and assist you further. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

Please note that Invoiced hours, fixed-price milestones, and projects are covered by Upwork Payment Protection. Only bonuses, miscellaneous payments, and set weekly payments aren’t covered by these programs.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi! Thanks for your reply. What I'm wondering is, after all this problem is solved, will the money spent on my negative balance come back? After all, the client did not pay me and the money I refunded should not be calculated from the money I earned from other jobs. About 4 weeks of earnings were used for my negative balance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths