🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended Account
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769
fe525aa1
Community Member

I posted my first job post on upwork 

I received a congratulations on my account. 

And now my upwork account is suspended. 

So what happened between #2 and #3?

Hi Mark,

I checked and it looks like our team has sent you an email notifying you of the situation. Could you please reply directly to that email so our team can review and assist you accordingly?

~Andrea
Upwork
sirlarry419
Community Member

My account was suspended and i was asked to go through the 'Terms of Service.' which i have.  

monir1122
Community Member

Today when i login my account i saw that a message upper side show that my account has been suspended. Please contact customer support. when i visit support page and request i saw that 6 years ago i requsted for id verification. now i want to verify my ID , How Should i do ??

Hi Monir,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
1078b811
Community Member

Hello, I haven't logged into my upwork account for 1 month to complete other works. When I log in today, I get the warning "Your access to Upwork has been restricted". When I entered the support page, I could not see the new support request creation page, as if it was removed. Can you help me please ?

Hi Ahmet,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any restrictions on your Upwork account. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
hopa-
Community Member

Hello
I have another account (I made this one to only post the issue here) that is suspended,
I did submit two tickets and have no replys for more than 5 days
I really dont know why!
I am the victum here and Got scummed by that client!
Please help me!

Hi Hopa,

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had with a client. Can you please send me a PM (Click on my name) with the email address associated with your suspended account? I'll be more than willing to check on that for you and will surely assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hopa-
Community Member

I sent it

Hi Hopa,

I did receive your message. I can confirm that you were able to reach out to the relevant team with the same concern and request. Kindly allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update on the email associated with the account you need assistance with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hopa-
Community Member

then can you give an an answer to these question if possible ?
1- how long does it need Upwork team to solve this! it already been 6 days?

2- about the money that was cutoff from my account! is that money in Upwork possittion now? or it is returnet to the scummer client?
3- My main concern is not the money more than the account it self as I am working there in a full time job, so what would be the status of that! as I dont want to work for another month and the money is taken off from me or the account is prementlly suspended!

Hi Hopa,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
hopa-
Community Member

they already change the status to closed (this is the third time) without replying to me!

g_machogu
Community Member

I'm using a neighbors account because i cant even use this community forum using my account. Upwork suspended my account and i want to withdrawal my available balance. Why do they have to remain with my money yet they have suspended my account? I cant do anything,  even withdrawing the available balance. I cant manage to raise the refund they want. Because the client is requesting for the work i already provided. she has the work, she is using my work and yet she is asking for a refund.  We started the work earlier this year and she has been approving the payments. I cant manage to refund $5850.. I cant get that money. I just want my available balance because they have already suspended the account. They said they can only reply after issuing the refund. So they cant even reply to my messages. What of my balance? Any help?

Hi there,

Please be reminded that using other users' accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's TOS. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please try to contact us directly on any social media you prefer here so that we can assist you more efficiently?

~ Arjay
Upwork
f1ccc010
Community Member

My account was suddenly suspended.

They asked verification, so I did it, but not activated yet. When I click the ticket link, it redirects to the jobs page.

Hi Haley,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already submitted a reply to the ticket successfully. Please allow time for our team to get back to you on the same ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
m_sajib_bag
Community Member

HelMy ccount has been suspended?

I don't know my fault and how I can get back my account,
could you tell me the reason for suspending the account..?

the investigation is not clear what the investigation he did

Hi Mirza,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
1f59cdac
Community Member

my another upworks account has been suspended ?please help

Hi Mohd,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please refer to the support ticket you received on your other account so that our team can assist you further.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
767ff974
Community Member

Hello

I submitted a suspension appeal on my original account ( **Edited for Community Guidelines** ) on 30 Aug and still got no response, I have sent email and no one respond me, please let someone of the team follows my case and address it. 

( I will close this account once I get a response )

Regards

Hi Acc,

I can see that you've been communicating with the relevant team regarding the status of your account. Please don't hesitate to communicate through the email associated with the account you need assistance with so that the team can assist you more efficiently. You can send a follow-up to the team as well by sending an email requesting updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d068b171
Community Member

Hi Pauline,

Thank you for your message. I checked and noticed that the restrictions were placed due to failed billing method. I see that you have already updated your billing method and the account has been already restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8d403d88
Community Member

Simply put when I make an account and a job post, the next day my account gets suspended. I emailed and tried to fix the issue and understand why my account got suspended and what can be done to lift the suspension. Then a lot of the time they say login to talk to someone about it but I can't login cause my account is SUSPENDED. Can someone please help me?

What kind of job are you posted? Maybe some rules violation there.

It was nothing bad, just some youtube marketing stuff

HI Shah,

I checked but don't see any limitations on your account at the moment. Are you referring to a different account? If so, could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
scssguru
Community Member

Hey, Community Members My upwork account has been suspended and I received the following messages from upwork kindly let me know Will upwork recover my account? 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Moheen, 

Since this is already being handled by another team, it would be best to continue communicating with them regarding your account concern. Please know that if you respond to a ticket, it will go to the team's queue automatically. The team will reach out to you once they get to your ticket in the queue.

~ Avery
Upwork
freshface_thomas
Community Member

Hello, my account got suspended 9 days ago without any notice. I'm contacting the support every day, no-one ever got back to me. This is ridiculous, since I wanted to start hiring. Here is my support ticket https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/36903209?page=1 can someone look into it? Again, 9 days seems to be a bit ridiculous.

Hi Tomas, 

It looks like your account has already been reinstated. Since you no longer need this account where you are posting from, please close the account by following the steps here.

Let us know if we can further assist you with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ilannamandel
Community Member

For some reason, each time I click on a project I'm interested in the SUBMIT PROPOSAL button is greyed out. Anyone know why? 

Hi Ilanna,

I'll have one of our team members review your account status and assist you further with your concern. Kindly expect an update here and on your email once your case has been fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
2709d9ed
Community Member

hi,my account got suspended. I didn't break any rules of upwork. I also submitted all the required documents they wanted to re-verify my account. And I am not getting any response from email even after 48 hours. What can I do now?

Hi MD Shaharear,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken in your account. Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
48169a96
Community Member

I have a case open with an agenct named **Edited for Community Guidelines**, she requested I verify my account.

I have responded yet it has now been 4 days with no reply from her and I am unable to use my ccount until she verifies me.

Can you please notify her to get back to me, or assign me a new agent.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths