🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828
ea8f3a3a
Community Member

Thanks, Solved 👍

rachaelfarmer
Community Member

I keep getting the error "The beneficiary
name on the payment method you added doesn't match the name on your Upwork account. This match is required. You can try adding another payment method to resolve this."

But my PayPal and my upwork name are the same and both have been verified. Please can you help so I can get paid, I've been trying to do this for months. 

thanks, Rachael 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you on your registered email address to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mankatvito
Community Member

It says that my Upwork name and beneficiary name are mismatched, but they are absolutely the same on my Upwork account and bank account. Can someone check this?

Hi Ana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I don't see a name mismatch notification on your account. Could you please share a screenshot of the message you receive on your end so that we can assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola, it seems like it went away in the meantime 🙂 All good now, thanks!

pitymaia
Community Member

Every time I try to add a new payment method it gets blocked for days saying "The beneficiary name is mismatched", which is not true.

The name I put in the payment method is my full name, EXACTLY the same name on my profile.

Is there any way to solve this bug in your system?

See printscreen of my profile name and payment method.

Hi Andre Augusto,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account is now cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fd640fff
Community Member

Hi,

How can I add the payment method, it's saying the beneficiary name doesn't match with your account, but when I am checking I found both are same then why it's happening? Can anybody help me with this?

Hi KRISHNA,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Generally, it may take 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
fd640fff
Community Member

Hi,

I had changed my profile name, and am now unable to add a new payment method, able to see an error message 'profile name doesn't match with the account'. and when I am getting identity verification it is showing already verified.

So now there is no way to fix on my end. could you please help me with this.?

daiez
Community Member

The platform has deactivated my payment method because the name doesn't coincide with my name, but that is because it's a shared account with my wife! Please I need this resolved as soon as possible.

I've even changed the name of the account to coincide with hers but it still is deactivated

Hi Anke,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
daiez
Community Member

How long does this normally take? Because they were very fast to deactivate my payment method; almost immediate. And yet the "support ticket" has been there with no response since yesterday. Both of them.

Hi Anke,

I have reached out to the team handling your case. One of the members has responded to you via email with more information on the status of your account and instructions on how to clear the issue. Feel free to communicate with the team through that email so that they can assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
daiez
Community Member

I did what was asked, submited all the relevent information (ID, bank statement, address, etc) and your team has the audacity to say that it doesn't work and gives no explination as to why. Just said "No we don't believe you even though it's all correct". 

The case was assinged to "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" but quite frankly, not the most helpful. The ID of the ticket is #37073699 so if someone with actual common sense can help, that would be great.

Hi Anke,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I have followed up with the relevant team and one of our team members has already responded to you via the same support ticket. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
daiez
Community Member

Your agents are not helpful.

daiez
Community Member

Another thing: The first request was set to "solved" when I spoke to no one and just to reiterate, no the problem isn't "solved".

b0f24c19
Community Member

I cannot get my payment. I think my name is Gökalp Kılıç and it is what bank account owner name. Upwork forces me to write it as Gokalp Kilic, that probably is what makes information mismatch. I hope you can solve this problem because i have money in my account, all of my informations are true yet you didnt send it to me.

Error cod was:   ref 516858784 Rejected

Hi Gokalp,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
defruscio_megan
Community Member

I recently got married and my last name has changed. I have updated what I can through Upwork but I am still receiving a message claiming that the name on my account doesn't match the name on my bank account so I haven't been able to process any of my payments? Can anyone help? 

Hi Megan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4f7a849c
Community Member

I have changed my name to match my bank title as well but there is still no response from upwork. There is the Get Support chat bot which seriously has done very little to help me get my problem to the support team. Pls reply to this message as soon as you see it. Thank You.

Hi Shaikh Abdullah,

I have checked your account and it looks like you have a Bank Account or Payment Method under a Different Name. I have escalated your concern to the relevant team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Also, expect a notification on your email with instructions on how to clear the issue. You can access your ticket here once your account has been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jpolivera1984
Community Member

Hey everyone!

I am adding a new bank account that belongs to my company (an LLC in the US) as a payment method, and it seems Upwork expects it to match my personal name. As per this article, it looks like that restriction can be overridden by submitting evidence in writing, but it doesn't state where to send it and it seems the support bot has taken over the chat, so I can't even get to talk to a human.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Juan Pablo,

I have escalated your request to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via email. You can also expect an update here with a support ticket where you can also coordinate with the team.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hattap
Community Member

In order to receive payments, I need to have the same name in my Upwork account with the name in my local bank account. I have some Turkish characters in my full name. When I try to edit my name 'Ömer Hattapoğlu' in Upwork, it lacks a character and seem as 'Ömer Hattapolu'. Can somebody please help me with this?

Hi Ömer, 

For the purposes of adding a payment method rest assured that, if there is a name mismatch, our team will review and approve the payment method manually or reach out to you for clarification. You can learn more about it here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths