🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707

Hi Salma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
arsh_lu4494
Community Member

I just have this issue for the first time. I don't know why and what happened since I never changed anything from my own profile over the years nor in my payment method. I contacted support but only gave me the option to submit a ticket. Received their email that they manually reviewed my profile and says the information is mismatched. I really need help in how to resolve this as I have been waiting 3 weeks to withdraw my funds and then found out I can't.

Hi Arshelyn Jane,

I reached out directly to the team handling your concern and they've confirmed that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Your payment method is now active. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you for helping out Arjay! May I know when will my payment method be active?

I think I got my first concern corrected because when I tried to withdraw, it allowed me to do so but then it failed and I can't withdraw funds still. Can you please help me on this as I BADLY needed the money. Thank you

Call upwork they will help you

I actually tried, but they still ask me to create a report ticket. I also was routed to their voicemail to get back to me but no one called.

2445178d
Community Member

Arjay,

I'm getting this issue when I add a new local bank account and remove the previous one.

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Also, it is saying "The beneficiary name is mismatched".

Please help resolve the issue your help would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks

Hello Nikola,

I just added my Local bank account and Upwork is saying that "The beneficiary name is mismatched". I am frustrated and looking for help with where to go to raise the ticket. If you could help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bilal

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like the name mismatch on your account has been resolved. In general, it would take 24-48 hours for our team to review and resolve the name mismatch on your account.

Please also note that newly added payment methods will be active after the 3-day security period.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I have also the same issue and I am new on upwork and the message which is shown on my profile is mentioned below:

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
I am satified with your Answer but I have one suggustion that the administration or orgnizer of that kind of issues from Upwork should change something in that message or modify the message so that the user understand easily. Currently that message is not so clear. Thanks 
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback, Rehmatullah. 

I will make sure to share this with the team. As for your account concern, since you recently added your payment method, please allow the team to review the name mismatch on your account within 48 to 72 hours. If they need more information from you, they will reach out to you through a ticket. If you don't hear back within 72 hours, don't hesitate to follow up here and our team will assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
25741fb5
Community Member

Hi Avery O,

Hope every thing will be fine over there at your side. I am here again as  you said in your last reply, that I can try to reach over here to you pleople if the issue is not solved. So, my problem is still there sience more then three days and as per your instruction this prolbem will take 48 to 72 hours to resolve. This perioud is over now and my problem is not solved. 

You are kindly requested to the needful to kill this issue. I will be very thankful to you for your kind support. 

Thanks.

Rehmatullah Khan

I forgot to mention the troublemessage, so it is mentioned below:

Hi Rehmatullah,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2f45e2c7
Community Member

Hello. Please help me fix this problem: "Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork". Thanks.

Screenshot_20221007_051129.jpg

Hi Louis,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform your that your payment method is accepted and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
elodiebdx
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem. I added my new bank account details to withdraw funds but it has been deactivated because the beneficiary name does not match my name on Upwork. I had the same problem before as I use my husband's name. I have already provided you with my marriage certificate and my ID, what more can I do?

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance!

Hi Elodie,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your response. I waited a few days and received a message saying that my account  has been manually reviewed and did not meet the criteria for compliance. With a broken link to an FAQ page.

I assume the problem is because I use my husband name, but it is my bank and my account, what can I do to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Elodie

01c5026f
Community Member

Can anyone please help me? I am still getting this error. I have been waiting for a week but nothing changed.

ibeksconde
Community Member

Hello Team,

I am unable to add hyphen "-" to my last name on the payment settings page, and this is causing a mismatch with the name on my Upwork profile.

I keep getting the "incorrect format" error, and my payment method is not verified. 

I raised a ticket - request #37219994, however, no one has taken ownership of it. 

Kindly assist.

Thank you.

Click the "Get Support" button on the bottom right of the screen.

Thank you very much, a support staff just manually approved it.

chotalia_kaushik
Community Member

Hello, I am getting the below error for getting paid. I have even updated my bank account updated again. My name is exact the same in the Upwork account and in my bank account then why I am getting a mismatch and getting this error. Please provide feedback. Thanks. 

Hi Kaushik,

I shared your concern with the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see this error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0f669793
Community Member

Hello, when I first linked the bank account to my Upwork account there was no problem, but on Sunday I got the message that my account name and my bank name do not match. I changed the name so that it is identical to the one on the bank account but I still get that they do not match. I've waited more than 48 hours and everything is still the same. I need to fix this to withdraw my funds to my bank account please. I even did the verification with my documents and photo.

Please if someone could check and see what the problem is.

Hi Graciela Berenise,

I checked your account and saw that bene name mismatch has been resolved. Please log into your account to check. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dante1919
Community Member

Hi guys,

So even though it's been almost a week since I added the bank account I still have the same sign. Weird thing is I added the almost exact same account from the same bank, just a different currency one a couple weeks ago and that got approved in less than 2 days. What might be the issue?

Thanks

Hi Gurbuz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
f62432a9
Community Member

I am trying to add a payment method, but has been told that the beneficiary name is mismatched, how to fix it?

ff3caffb
Community Member

• Trying to get paid but it says that my beneficiary name is mismatched even though my account name and bank account holder name are the same. Please help.
shadipe-jeremiah
Community Member

I currently can't withdraw my funds, my details show payment settings shows beneficiary mismatch even though I'm sure there's no mismatch, please help.

Hi Shadipe,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You should be getting an update on this page once your case has been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks, Arjay, I'll be expecting that full review.

3575e467
Community Member

Hello! 

I used a nickname that was accepted in the start but i now got a job offer and i need to make a withdrawl payment. I've also requested to change my name to the same of the bank account and i keep getting this message:

"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Hi Usman,

Thank you for your message. I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on the account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
rinah207
Community Member

Good day! I tried to add two different payment methods on my account, local bank and paypal. Both has been flagged ‘Beneficiary Name is Mismatched’ when both the names of the accounts as well as my verified upwork account are under the same name “Rinah Marie Tan”. It all has the same email addresses as well. Can someone please help me with this? I’m just so confused how it was flagged. And i need to withdraw the funds. Thank you

Hi Rinah Marie,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
rinah207
Community Member

Yes, this was responded to and said that it was manually reviewed by your staff and it doesn't meet the criteria for compliance. Let me know what's needed to be done to resolve this. I need to wothdraw my funds, it's in there for almost a month now. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths