🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707
ff3caffb
Community Member

Trying to get paid but it says that my beneficiary name is mismatched even though my account name and bank account holder name are the same. Please help.

Hi Milica,

We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and they've confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
383bdb3d
Community Member

My name on both of Upwork and PayPal is "Yousef Medhat". I tryed to add Paypal as a payment method but it failed because the beneficiary name is mismatched. This is the email I received:

"The name "Yousef Medhat" on your payment account ended in 0000 has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance."

Hi Yousef,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
5ee7a815
Community Member

Hi, I have added a payment method and it has been deactivated due to a beneficiary name mismatch. But my profile name, ID verification name, and bank account name are the same as Subhash Aravind. Kindly help me as soon as possible, because I am currently working on projects and I need to get paid. Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Subhash,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
5ee7a815
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

The problem has not been solved yet. And I have attached the images as proof representing my name enrolled in the Upwork profile, Bank account, and Id proof for your kind reference. Kindly solve this asap.

Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Subhash,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
nenarosesuizo
Community Member

Hello, I recently moved here in the US and uses a US Bank account with different last name since I am now married. I tried adding my bank details for payment purposes but it says my Payment Account does not match my upwork acount. How can I resolve this issue? Thank you

Hi Nena Rose,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, it's been over 48 hrs already but I still haven't got any reply from the upwork team. How can you help me with this

Hi Nena Rose,

I'm sorry that you haven't heard back from the team yet. I've escalated your concern to them and can confirm that one of their agents has just followed up with you via your support ticket.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
modivishal
Community Member

I am trying to link my current account with my upwork bank account. the name of my current bank account is different than my upwork account. how can I resolve this issue ?

Hi Vishal,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will be reaching out via a support ticket once it's been fully reviewed. You can access your ticket and communicate with the team on this page once ready.

~ Arjay
Upwork
vikramcp
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to add my new company bank account to my profile and wanted to transfer my earnings there. But whatever I do, I am getting the error: The beneficiary name is mismatched. There is also no way I can contact support or raise a question, hence posting it here. Can someone help me.

Hi Vikram,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I'll have one of the team members reach out to you via email with further assistance on how to clear the name mismatch. Also, kindly expect an update on this page with the support ticket once your case has been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
vikramcp
Community Member

Hello Arjay,
Now it nearing a month, and still, there is no resolution. Also there is no support ticket created for my request. Upwork does not provide any help to freelancers to solve their problems. I am trying so may ways to reach one of you, but there is no option provided. Please help me understand how I can enable my Bank account for getting paid into the required bank account.

Hi,

Is there a way to upload my company documents to prove that my current account needs to be linked to my company bank account? Please can some approve my bank account **Edited for Community Guidelines** which I have been trying to add and get approval for a long time now?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for following up on this. I have received a response from the team that an email was sent to you last 20- September with instructions on how to resolve the issue. It includes the link where you can upload the required documents to clear the name mismatch. Can you please check the email and try to follow the instructions? Let us know if you're still having difficulties and we'll look further into that for you. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
vikramcp
Community Member

Hi Arjay,
Please can you resend the post/ email l back to me. I may have accidentally deleted it, as I cannot find the required email. 

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bakr-fares
Community Member

hello, icant link my PayPal account to my agency  they say its not same name i cant change it name also i provided my bank statement and my national id to prove and upwork refused it they said not same name , also my Paypal account is verified on my main account but its not accepted on my agency i have been a while trying to fix this issue would love any one to help asap!

i want a way to get paid asap to my Paypal !

Hi Fares,

I checked your account and can confirm that you have successfully submitted a support ticket. Please allow time for our team to review and get back to you on your ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

thanks and waiting to fix this issue asap

82c31eb5
Community Member

Hello, hope you are doing great!

Recently, I tried to add PayPal to my Upwork account, but I got a message like the below one.

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

The problem is that my name is Fredrick on my ID card, but I am using Frederick as my name such as Upwork or PayPal and other service accounts.
Kindly help me to activate my PayPal in my Upwork account in this case.
Best Regards.
Frederick

Consider using the same name on all places. I have the same issue and always use my formal name.

Hi Frederick,

I checked and can confirm that you should no longer see that error on your end since the team has already cleared the name mismatch. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
truelightdesigns
Community Member

Is there a way to get in touch with a live person at upwork? I submitted a ticket 2 days ago for a 'The beneficiary name is mismatched'(I am using a business checking account) and I have not heard anything. It says that "The Upwork account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches.", but it has been over 48 hours since I found the issue and no one is responding to support tickets, so I am not sure what to do.

Hi Timothy,

I notified the relevant team regarding your concern and you should receive an email shortly with the next steps to take to clear out the name mismatch.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
nessmadel
Community Member

Hello ,, i added a payment method and it still tell.me. that the names don't match ... I changed my name on upwork and still say that.. What should.i do ?

Hi Nesma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b770e97b
Community Member

I am facing an issue to add PayPal to my Upwork account despite they are the same name and every time tells me The beneficiary name is mismatched, and don't know what to do and I need help asap 

Hi Maria Alejandra,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
fd038e6d
Community Member

I keep getting this error that Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Please tell me the solution to this.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Khawaja, 

We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. If there are no changes to your account within 48 to 72 hours, please let us know so our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
sophia_nathalie1
Community Member

I cant update my get paid or add a payment method because of a mismatch beneficiary name. My name via contact info is Sophia Nathalie Velasco but to the contracts, it is Sophia Nathalie Rubia Velasco. How can I change it? Since the contact info and my display name is Sophia Nathalie Velasco.

Hi Sophia,

I checked and it doesn't look like there is currently a name mismatch on your account. However, it does look like you need to provide your Form W-8BEN, here's how.

~Andrea
Upwork
kayamanoglu
Community Member

Dear Sir,

When I tried to add my payment method, I took a notification which says "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information." The reason is most probably due to a Turkish character on my surname. My name is Kaya Manoğlu, but Upwork doesn't allow me to use "ğ", instead of that I had to wrote Manoglu by using "g", but it should be "ğ".

Can you please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Kaya

Hi Kaya,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
37eb1cf9
Community Member

Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I need help with this notification.
I already added 2 of my bank account, but  I have special characters in my name. Do I expect Upwork confimration within 48 hours?
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths