🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707

Hello moderators.

Please could someone review the name mismatch on my beneficiary bank account? Its been two days.

I will like for it to be cleared up so I can proceed with my transactions.

Thank you!

Hi Queeneth,

We totally understand how you want this issue resolved immediately. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and one of the members has sent you an update on this support ticket. Feel free to coordinate with the team through that ticket if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
adenipo_s
Community Member

I recently added a withdrawal account number, but the prompt says, "Name Mismatch" even though the order of the name is correct. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Oluwadamilare,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
d0e8b882
Community Member

How do I fix this? My name on my account is the same as my bank account, but because you don't accept ü and ş letters, I can't get paid. My name is Büşra but on Upwork, I have to be Busra. 

Also, it canceled but took withdrawal money anyway. But I didn't get paid. 

Hi Busra,

Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
f38069bc
Community Member

Hello, My name is "Harun Yüksel" but I can not add "ü" while adding a payment method. I wrote it as "Yuksel" but this time I got the "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." message. I want to add my name correctly to the payment method because, if I write it as "Yuksel" maybe the transaction will not be successful because of a name mismatch. Thanks

Hi Harun,

I checked and it doesn't look like there is a name mismatch on your recently added payment method. Please allow the 3 security days to pass and your payment method should become active then.

~Andrea
Upwork
f38069bc
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes now the mismatch has been removed but as you can see from the below screenshot I can not enter my surname correctly. The system does not allow me to write the character "ü", so I am worried about the transaction because my surname is "Yüksel" but in the transaction request it will be seen ad "Yuksel" maybe this will prevent the transaction to be successful. Secondly, I want to ask that, the account I added is a dollar account so I want to be paid with dollars I don't want the exchange to TRY but the account currency is seen as Turkish Lira (TRY) in the payment details, how can I change it to USD. You can see both issues in the screenshot below.  Please could you also check this? Thank you.

Hi Harun,

Rest assured, since the name mismatch has been cleared, it shouldn't cause any issues in the future. Please know that, if you want to receive USD on a foreign account, you need to use the Wire Transfer payment method instead.

~Andrea
Upwork
f38069bc
Community Member

Thank you.

58d14373
Community Member

Hi, Upwork Payment Team

I need your help, my payment direct to local bank account keep getting rejected because of invalid beneficiary name. I've tried 2 times today, 1 time yesterday. What should I do now? I tried everything but it didn't work.

Hi Giang,

I checked but don't see any payment methods on your account with a name mismatch. The one that is not active right now, should become active after the standard 3-day security period.

~Andrea
Upwork
58d14373
Community Member

Thank you, Andrea.

I think that my account number is the problem. I'll try to withdraw the money after 3 days from now on. If it still has trouble, please help me. 

Community Member

Hello,

I'm sure there have been numerous posts on this and other users have experienced the same issue, but this message has come up on my dashboard:

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Please can someone advise on how to fix this ASAP? I read the article on what to do and it didn't explain the steps I should take to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Thanks Andrea! Am I right in thinking that I can withdraw money once my balance reaches $100?

Neil

Hi Neil,

As long as the available funds cover the withdrawal fee, you can withdraw any amount manually!

~Andrea
Upwork
34d9a695
Community Member

I added my bank account, but I am getting a name mismatch error.  I also changed the name on my profile, but the error still continues.  Can someone please help to resolve this?

Hi Amit,

Thank you for reaching out. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork

Yes I am agree!

Please check more details on info settings
adenipo_s
Community Member

I have a name mismatch prompt after adding an account even though the name arrangement is correct. It's been two days and no correction yet. 

Soy need to reapplied again or any another proof of details related to your feedbacks.

Hi Oluwadamilare,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

It's two days already. No reply or solution yet. 

Hi Oluwadamilare,

Sorry about the delay. I checked with the team and I can confirm that the name mismatch has been cleared. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you. 

e074cb67
Community Member

Hello Moderators. 

I was asked to resubmit my ID to approve the new account I added and I've done that but it still shows beneficiary name mismatched.

Please can you help look into this so the matter can be cleared up.

Thank you

Hi Queeneth,

~ AJ
Upwork
e074cb67
Community Member

Hi moderators.

I added a new account and was asked to re-verify my identity due to a beneficiary mismatch prompt.

I have done that through the open ticket for days now but the ticket has been unanswered and nothing has been done about the mismatch.

Please can someone help?

Thank you.

Hey Queeneth, you should only have one account not two. Have a great day!

Hi Queeneth,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is active now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mahrukh78
Community Member

Hi Bojan! How are you doing?

I want to add a new payment method to my Upwork account but I couldn't add it because the name on my new account is different from my Upwork name. When I created my account on Upwork I was based in Pakistan, where the name on my legal documents was just Mahrukh. 

Then I moved to Turkey and the name on my legal documents is Mahrukh Mahrukh. And I need to add a new payment method so that I can withdraw my earnings to my Turkish account or wise account. The name on my both accounts is Mahrukh Mahrukh. 

I tried to connect through Upwork agents, but I couldn't contact Upwork support, as I don't see an option on the support page, just FAQs, etc. 

I would be happy if you could help me with this issue!

Thank you!

Hi Mahrukh,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and one of the members has sent you an email with instructions on how to resolve the issue. Please coordinate with the team by responding to the email or accessing your ticket here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mahrukh78
Community Member

Thank you!

766fe120
Community Member

Hello, I opened my limited company in Turkey. To pay my taxes and create invoices, I need to receive payments on my company bank account, but Upwork doesn't accept it.

I own 100% of the company. I need your help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Selim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
5f40a561
Community Member

UPDATE : Got automatically fixed an hour later. 

After months of flawless payment experience, I suddenly received this error indicating me that my Paypal name doesn't match the one I use on Upwork. I rechecked everything and it matches perfectly. Anyone experiencing the same issue? I don't want to use a different payment method since everything is connected to my Paypal Business account. 

Anyone experiencing the same issue or knows how to fix this?

Thanks in advance. 

c9c67f97
Community Member

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated . It is becouse my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account.

This is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. But my profile name change request was denied at the same time. Is there a solution for the above issue and Any chance you could have my payment method activated already. Kind request for your concerns.

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths