🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to accept offer
Page options
whylengkeek
Community Member

Unable to accept offer

Dear community,

I received my first job offer on Upwork today, but for some reason I can't figure out, I'm not able to accept the offer (see screenshot to get an idea of what the interface looks like). Does anybody here know why there's no "accept" button or something similar? I suspect it's a technical reason. But whatever it is, it's extremely frustrating and I'd appreciate any help or advice on the matter.

Many thanks in advance!

Best,

Yannick

64 REPLIES 64
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yannick, 

You should see the ''Accept Offer'' button on the right side of the window you're referring to. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nevil9
Community Member

No its not working. I am also facing the same problem. Please help I have received my first job.  

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nevil,

Are you receiving any errors on your end, or the button is not responsive? I would recommend clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to accept your offer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Im also encountering this problem for the offer for my first job

Hello! I need help from you guys quite urgently. I earned a quite compelling offer by sending a proposal, and now I have this proble: I can't accept it. I told my clients that there is a problem in accepting offer, but if the situation continues like this, there is a high chance that the client may withdraw offer, and it will be a significant damage to me. I also contacted you guys for the work history problem, and you guys forwarded it to the technical department, and I have not received an anwer yet. https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Feedback-Review-not-showing-up-on-my-profile/m-p/860184#...

I pay a considerable amount of service fee to the upwork platform, but, unfortunately, I am having these sorts of technical problems that can surely damage my income.

Please solve this problem ASAP. 

Thanks in advance for your dedication.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sunghoon,

Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or log in using a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi John Philip,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ad87e65c
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to accept a job offer but I am receiving the following error message:
"An error has occurred. Please try again later"
I have tried clearing my browser cache and cookies and also tried using another browser. Still getting the same error message on the following day.

Please help me.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arian, 

I can see that you were able to file a support ticket for the same concern, and the team is already assisting you. Kindly check your support ticket here, and don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you need further help. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Have we had any acknowledgement that this is a system problem?

Hi Douglas, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to look into this further. I can confirm that there is a bug with accepting an offer. However, for most of the users who posted here recently, their issue is not related to the bug. 

Did you experience the same recently?

~ Avery
Upwork
e33fa674
Community Member

Hello ma’am 

I have just received my first job offer and I haven’t been able to accept the offer for the past 24hours. Please am afraid that if this continues I might loose the offer. I click on the button but it keeps displaying an error message same as Ifeoluwa. Please I need help urgently . 

Thanjs and best regards. 

Amaka.

Hi Chiamaka,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.  

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6dbb37bd
Community Member

Hi, can you help me too, please? I just received my first job offer but I cannot accept it the same as the other members,

I already tried it on other browsers as well as cleared cache.

Hi Baby Jean,

I checked your account and it looks like you already have an open ticket. Please allow our team to check and get back to you on the same ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ad0d1e0c
Community Member

Hello ma'am,

I've been trying to accept an offer for minutes and it keeps displaying an error message, same as the lady above. I've tried using a different browser, still the same. What should I do, please?

Hi Ifeoluwa,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Can you please help me with this same problem?

The other day I recevied an offer and I couldn't accept it. I started working on the project and decided to come back to the offer the next day to accept it, thinking it was a technical problem. 

Now, I have gone back and still can't accept it. It says there is a problem every time I try to accept it. I neeed help asap!

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've been communicating with the team and raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Please continue coordinating with the appropriate team through a single ticket so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

No I’m sorry but I have not been ‘communicating’ with the team because no one has responded.

I am about to lose the job offer (tomorrow) and I won’t be paid for this job. I will lose 300USD because of your error and I’m not happy about it.

Please help me

Hi Jessica,

I've notified the team of your concern and they've just followed up with you via the support ticket you already have with them.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

clear the cache. Re login with browser

I tried that initially.

My offer runs out tomorrow and I won’t have accepted. And the client isn’t replying to my messages now. So I think I’m going to lose the work
227ee248
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

I am also facing the same problem. Currently I am doing the hourly paid job and will be accept for fixed paid job but I am unable to accept the offer due to "An error has occurred. Please try again later. I already clean the cache in brower & upworks but still facing the same problems. Please assist me on this matter. 

Thank you, 
Herni 

Hi Herni,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your offer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
61e5c6a0
Community Member

Hi. I have the same problem. Could the reason be that I have not entered my tax and bank information yet?
I have now, still not working, but the app says my bank account will be connected in 3 days.
Is there a connection here?
Thank you 

Hi Dejvid,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists? If so, please send a screenshot so we could check.

~Andrea
Upwork
61e5c6a0
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. Coockies and cash cleared. I tried in Opera and tried on mobile app but no results.

61e5c6a0_0-1650547026178.png

Thanks for following up, Dejvid! Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
efb48d6e
Community Member

Hi, U just received an offer from a client but I am unable to accept the offer. It keeps be an error has occurred message. I have cleared my cache and I have also tried it with another browser and it still not going through. Please I need help

Hi, U just received an offer from a client but I am unable to accept the offer. It keeps be an error has occurred message. I have cleared my cache and I have also tried it with another browser and it still not going through. Please I need help .

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accepting an offer. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
pvz1079
Community Member

I'm facing the same problem. 

Hi Parvez,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari. Please let us know if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork
pvz1079
Community Member

No it doesn't work for me

Hi  Parvez,

Thank you for responding. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

hi, 

I have recieved a job offer and unable to accept it on upwork. The accept offer button is showing disabled and i tried clearing cashe, cookies and login through different browser. The problem still persists, can you pls help me on this as my offer will expire soon. I am attaching the screenshot for reference. 

Hoping for response! 

Pallavi 

Hi Pallavi,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like only your Agency Manager can accept or decline this offer. Please communicate with your agency manager and let them know about this.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths