🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to contact support in times of emergen...
Page options
aitringo
Community Member

Unable to contact support in times of emergency?

I have been trying to contact support for several months now, without success.
The only thing I always see is a button to ask the service to contact me. I have clicked on it several times, under different circumstances, but I have never been contacted.

Now I'm writing to you because one of my customers has been dishonest: After disappearing for several months with a milestone open, I saw the active milestone cancelled and refunded, and contact ended without being able to do anything.
Recently, this same customer tried to apply for a refund of the other milestones that were completed and validated.
I got in touch with him to ask him why he did this. And that it is not professional.
The client admitted that he had no reason to make this claim.

I explained to him afterwards that his actions have a bad impact on our profile as freelancers.

👉I tried to contact the support to get some guidance on what I can do to cancel this refund request (which is not justified). I had no option to get in touch with an agent. The only thing I got was a button to ask support to contact me. (I have never been contacted)

What shocks me is that the customer was able to get in touch with support instantly, the same day, via chat. Which I don't have access to on my side.

Therefore, I have two questions:

1. How to chat with an agent, instantly, as my customer did?
2. Why my client has access to the chat and not me?

I need an explanation please!

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Mohamed,

I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. I assure you that we are always happy to assist every user regardless of whether they're a client or freelancer. Our customer support team is working on improving the personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. I've shared your concern with the team and they're checking on it. Could you please try using the Get Help button on this page again and interact with the chatbot. You should be able to see options to chat with an agent now after confirming a couple of things about your account. 

Of course if you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths