🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork app: chekcing if site connection is se...
Page options
Community Member

Checking if the site connection is secure

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the time tracker. It keeps bringing the prompt "Checking if the site connection is secure,upwork needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding."

I've already uninstalled my old tracker and installed a new one but with no success.

I have an hourly contract and need to get the tracker ASAP. So, I would appreciate your help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. We weren't able to replicate the issue on our end. If you continue to experience this error, could you please try using a different internet service provider when tracking with the Desktop App?

If the tracker can be successfully enabled using a different internet provider, you will need to reach out to your main connection provider.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

114 REPLIES 114
c_makinde3
Community Member

Hello great freelancers,

I changed my Personal computer, logged into my Upwork account, and downloaded the Upwork time tracker to get started for the week's work. However, it keeps bringing the prompt "Checking if the site connection is secure, www.upwork.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding."

I have a hourly contract I need to start working on ASAP and the app is misbehaving. Please Customer Service Consultant | Blake , I will appreciate if you could assist with this. 

Thanks,

Chris.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

My time tracker has failed to update time, it is stucked to the time imputed since 12 pm WAT + 1 time.

I will appreciate a support regarding this. It is taking screenshots, I just want to be certain if I will get paid for the times not reflecting over the time I worked without hours update.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem, my tracker is still charging, it has been charging for more than 2 hours. I need to finish a job, if someone can give me a hand I would appreciate it.

Captura de pantalla 2022-10-14 165552.png

Hi Nico,

I have escalated your report to the relevant team. One of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket that can be accessed on this page once been set up. Feel free to coordinate with the team if you have questions or other concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have the same isssue 'Checking if the site connection is secure' not loading timer, please help

eaae192d_0-1666019167152.png

Hi Akhil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Christopher,
Sorry to hear you're having a problem.
For future reference...Personally, I NEVER agree to work using the Upwork time tracker - if I'm getting paid hourly, I always ask the client to okay "Manual time" entries. Using the time tracker is just too much aggravation, even when it's working properly.
Best wishes,
Jack

Hi. I have the same issue as well, it has been 4 days and I still can't use the timer. If you could help please

tin_castro_0-1666501279625.png

Hi Christine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the time tracker. It keeps bringing the prompt "Checking if the site connection is secure, www.upwork.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding."

I have an hourly contract and need to get the tracker ASAP. So, I would appreciate your help!

Hi,

I'm also having an issue with the time tracker. It also keeps Checking if the site connection is secure. 11 hours of work doesn't not reflect in my work diary since this happened.  I would appreciate your immediate support. Thank you.

Hi Karl,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the App. Are you able to follow the troubleshooting guide outlined here? Let us know if this works for you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2889b245
Community Member

tried to read that already and nothing works.

Hi Karl,

Sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps did not help. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I am also having the same issue. I have gone through all the help articles but I can't find anything. Please I really need help.

f6c5b79c
Community Member

Hi!
I am using arcolinux, which is arch based distribution. I am stuck at the "Checking if site connection is secure" screen. I have tried installing app with different suggest ways in the Upwork community, but getting the same problem.

f6c5b79c_0-1667368098194.png

Hi Hassan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I am having the same issue. I have a contract that does not allow adding manual time. This project is time sensitive and I care about my reputation, especially my JSS. 

krizgill_1-1670318655063.png

Hi Gill,

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you. Upon checking, there is no new ticket related to my concern. 

krizgill_0-1670328912762.png

Hi Gill,

Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, May I ask for your help. On my tracker it keeps showign the Connection Lost, and the time that I logged is not uploading in my work diary. 

2889b245_0-1676613809374.png

You have to connect to your Upwork account and restart, if it continues then uninstall and reinstall

Same issue with my desktop time tracker, i sumbit a ticket and after 8 hours past no response from upwork support. 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you shared on your ticket that the issue you experienced is now resolved. Could you please clarify if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

hi i have same issue with my upwork.  

681b3a20_1-1671617102944.png

Hi Annacel,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks!
but when I am clicking the ticket link, it is asking for my email and password. I have logged In via Gmail, so which email and password should I insert here?

f6c5b79c_0-1667378187281.png

Also, it is not showing my profile image on that particular page

f6c5b79c_1-1667378334529.png

teadam
Community Member

Hello, having a problem with "Checking if site connection is secure" screen. I have tried installing app, but getting the same problem. I'm using Brave browser.

Crushed connection.png

Hi Tea,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the time tracker. It keeps bringing the prompt "Checking if the site connection is secure, www.upwork.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding."

Thanks,

Mercedes.

tracker.jpg

Hi Mercedes,

If you are unable to log time on an hourly contract listed in the app, please close the app and log in to your Upwork account from your internet browser. Then, clear your cookies by going here and restarting the app. You can also check this help article for known fixes for your Desktop App.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

Followed the steps and the issue is not resolved.

Would appreciate more feedback.

Mercedes.

Hi Mercedes,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. I'll have the team review your report and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi. I have issues after downloading the desktop app. It says to check if connections are secure. Been trying to troubleshoot it on my own, uninstall and reinstall. nothing happens. Please help me because I cant work without the tool. 

katrabago24_0-1667636532649.png

Hi Katrina,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

Thanks,

Shirin.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths