🐈
» Forums » Support » Why my project is not being approved.
Page options
hemayet_mondol
Community Member

Why my project is not being approved.

hello I have problem I have created a project but my project is not being approved. I don't understand why my project is not being approved. I would have benefited if you had pointed out my mistakes. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad and Hemayet, 

I'm sorry to hear about your projects being rejected. Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your projects before resubmission of them. 

You’ll want to make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.
  • Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.) 
  • Proofread your work so there are no typos.
  • Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics, or the Upwork logo/badge.

To learn more about Project Catalog, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

418 REPLIES 418

Hi Lawrence,

I checked, and it looks like you have been requested to complete the ID badge verification process. If you are required, you’ll be notified upon logging in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile. 

To protect your personal information, access to the information you submit to Upwork to verify your identity is stored by Upwork, per our security policy. Upwork agents comply with our privacy policy and the third-party vendor that handles these requests does not store any identification data. We do not sell any of the information you submit to us. After 30 days, the image you submit to verify your identity is deleted.

Please know that for Project Catalogs, when you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

Upon checking, it looks like you have been notified that your project requires changes before you resubmit it for review. There was an email sent to the email address associated with your Upwork account. Please check the email as it also contains helpful information on what changes you need to make and tips on how you can improve it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
22215a8c
Community Member

I do not want badge ID, I just want to know why did you not approve my catalog? If verifying ID is the case then why don't you let users create catalog after the ID process is completed instead of luring the users in a tricky way?

Hi Lawrence,

I checked and it looks like our team reached out to you via email and provided detailed information on what needs to be edited on your projects so that they can approve them. Please refer to the email you received for more information, you can also follow up on the email directly if you need further clarification. If it's not in your inbox, kindly try checking your spam folder.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
k9logo
Community Member

Not getting approval on the new project that I uploaded on my profile.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pranab,

Please refer to the information shared with you in the email you have received for more information about why your project was rejected and the changes needed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
qasim637
Community Member

Hi there!

I have drafted two projects and submitted them for approval. After rejection twice,  I submitted again incorporating necessary changes as intimated through mail. I recreated almost all the images of my projects and submitted them on 03 Feb 2022, but it's still under approval.

Please let me know, how long it would take for approval and if you can please intimate for any further change and update the status accordingly.

Regards

Hi Muhammad,

Please allow 5 business days for your project to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
qasim637
Community Member

Thank you Andrea G

muhammadsameer90
Community Member

Hi, my name is Muhammad Sameer. I created project catalog and then send it for review. But now it has got rejected/declined thrice and I don't know why. What should I do? Upwork isn't even showing any kind of error. Kindly help.

Thanks,

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it looks like our team reached out to you via email and provided detailed information on what needs to be edited on your projects so that they can approve them. Please refer to the information our team shared before you submit your project for another review. 

Thank you,

~ Bojan
Upwork

Got it.
Thanks,

8631aae5
Community Member

Hello,

I want to ask, how I can be visible online on a desktop. I was not able to be visible online. And my second, I have created my project but have not yet been approved.

Looking forward to your message.

browse

Hi Kenneth,

Could you please clarify your first question? Regarding your Catalog Project, please allow 5 days for it to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
c24a29aa
Community Member

Have created like 2 gigs on my Account and it has not been approved for pass 3 days, What can i do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Catherine,

Please allow 5 days for your Projects to be reviewed.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kazim_s
Community Member

Hi,

I have Upwork account for quite some time now, but recently I became fully active on Upwork. Few days back I created a project that remained "under review" for couple of days, and then it was rejected. I researched about it in community and other sources and realized perhaps I didn't knew certain restrictions to be complied so my project got rejected. Fair enough!!!

Now, 2 days ago I created a new project (100% complied with guidelines), but still my project is "under review". I don't know how long it normally takes to approve or reject a project. 

Any suggestions/ advice on this?

Thanks & Regards,

Kazim

Hi Kazim,

Thanks for your question! Please allow 5 days for your project to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
5c936383
Community Member

Hello, I have a problem I have created a project but my project is not being approved. I don't understand why my project is not being approved. please help me on that.

Hi Shahzeb,

I checked and it looks like your project is under review. Please allow 5 days for your project to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
umairtahir98
Community Member

Hi Everone. i am trying to create catalog projects on upwork. but its keep getting rejected. also i didnt recieved any feedback email from upwork. kindly help me in this. i am trying from last 2 weeks to post my upwork projects. but it keep geeting rejected.

Hi Umair,

I checked and it looks like you were requested to make some changes to the project you posted. Please check the notification that was sent to the email address associated with your Upwork account. Tips on how you can update your project were also included in the email. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks Joanne for the quick response. but i didnt recieve any email from upwork about the changes. i also checked my email multiple time. can you check and tell me the changes which i need to do to approve these projects?

Hi Umair, 

I checked this with the team, and I can confirm that emails have been sent out to you. Could you please check your spam or junk folder to see if the emails may have gone there? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks Avery for the response. i have added my gmail screenshot as well.
as u can see i didnt recieve any new email from your team. my projects got rejected on 19 feb. but i didnt recieve any new email.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Umari,

I would recommend to check your junk and spam folders as well. 
Once you're ready feel free to update and resubmit your project or create a new one. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thanks Goran for the quick response. i have added screen shot of my spam folder as well. i didnt recieve any email from your team. aslso this is my third try to get approval for the projects. but the projects keep geeting rejected. so please kindly tell me the changes which i have to done.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Umair,

Our team has resent the email to you again. Once you're ready, feel free to create a new project and submit it for review. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran.
these is the third time i submitted my project. and it still got rejected. and i still didnt recieve feedback email from your team.
i also checked spam and junk folder. but they are also empty.
can you tell me here what changes do i need to do. so my project get approval from your team.
Thanks

Hi Umair,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks pradeep.
for the response.
kindly solve my problem ASAP. i am trying from last 4 weeks. but no progress.

arifdesigns
Community Member

Can you tell me Please Any problem with my project? This is pending last 3 days

can you check my account, please?

Hi MD Abdullah,

Your project is still under review. Please allow 5 days for your project to be reviewed.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kkbanu
Community Member

Hi Dear,

Let me know the cause to published my cataloge. Can you help me to inprove my project cataloge? 

Please help and published my project cataloge.

Thanks

Khadiza 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Khadiza Akter,

Our team has reached out to you via email and provided detailed information on what needs to be edited on your projects so that they can approve them. Please refer to the information our team shared before you submit your project for another review. 

Thank you,

~ Bojan
Upwork
5cd1006b
Community Member

Hi there my project is not getting approved it has been a week 

Please check my project 

Hi Sangeen,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us another 24-48 hours to review the documents you've submitted. Thank you.

~ AJ
Upwork
3a7518f1
Community Member

I have created two project catalogs in the last two days. But that is still in the review. Which publish could it be?

Hi Rayhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service.

Note: Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
81f2681a
Community Member

Why my project wasn´t approved?

I just submited my first project, and it wasn´t approved for no reason. I just received a message saying that my project needs changes, but there is no point saying which part must be changed! I reviewed my project again and seens everything is ok, I did everything according to guildlines. What´s going on, if I must change it, at least UpWork should tells me where to change.

I just found an e-mail saying what must be changed, I thought Upwork would tells me what must be change in the edit page project or some notification, not by mail. Well, seens everything will be solved.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths