🐈
» Forums » Support » Worst Experience with a client
Page options
abbas-khalid
Community Member

Worst Experience with a client

Hi

Hope all of you are well. I am sharing this so that other freelancers are careful of her. If you are interested in knowing who the client I am talking about is just go to my profile and check the latest completed job with feedback removed.  

I got an offer from a client on April 30th, 2022. I accepted the contract promptly, messaged her through Upwork chat about the way forward, and then waited for a day with no response on her side. On May 01, 2022, as the deadline was very tight and her job description was clear so after again messaging her and waiting for around two hours, I worked through the hourly app for like 10 minutes gathered some links to the articles, and shared the google docs link with her and then again waited for her response.

She responded in a few hours, apologizing for her late response, and told me that she did not need the work anymore. I told her it was ok and asked her to close the contract. All communication was through the Upwork chat so you can see for yourself.

Now she has given me an overall rating of 3.70 ratings my communication, skills, etc. at 3. Which is grossly unfair and will affect my future on Upwork. I have gotten her feedback removed. I must say Upwork support is great. 

I know that Upwork cannot do anything about client feedback but there should be a mechanism where clients who offer direct contracts. don't communicate promptly and then tell the freelancer that they don't need the work anymore and are prevented from giving feedback. This is something that is very unprofessional and especially galling as it happened on Labor Day. 

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths