🐈
» Forums » Support » account suspension
Page options
yourlogomaster
Community Member

account suspension

My wife's ( **Edited for Community Guidelines** ) Upwork account got suspended for no reason. 

She doesn't have any access and can't post this to the community hence on her behalf I am posting this issue.

She got an identity verification email and did the necessary steps as per Upwork email to set a video call via google meet where she needs to share her screen. She did everything they asked and answered every queries while they didn't even asked for ant ID profe to check. But she got email that the account got suspended as they are not able to verify her identity.

Her account has been suspended without any explanations or proper reasons given. We know about all possible reasons which can lead to account suspensions but it looks like none of these reasons are applicable to this particular case. We are heavily concerned that an honest Upwork freelancer can be blocked without the reason and lose the ability to use the platform she used for more than 6 years.

She has a Top Rated Plus badge and verified identity (both ID and video call from 2019 and 2022 only via video call which leads to account suspension).

As there is an option on Upwork to appeal for suspension, please help so that she can get to know the reason or can solve the issue the team may have with the account. Without knowing the reason how come someone understands what's going on?

Please help!

Thanks
Barun K

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Barun, yes this is an Upwork support question. However, why was she getting an ID verification 3 years later? Sure that was an Upwork video call?

No in past she completed her video call verification too. They email that due to some irregular activity they arrange another verification and she did the video call with screen sharing as per requested. But on that call, she was never asked to show any ID profe rather asked her some technical questions related to website design. Then suddenly after 8 days they suspended her account and didn't send any notification or clarification of what's wrong she did or what's she missed here. She never ignores any TOS and she was working here as Top rated plus freelancer since 6 years. 

PradeepH

Hi Barun,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your wife's Upwork account. I am unable to discuss other user's accounts with you. I see that the team has already notified about their action via a support ticket. Please request the account owner to communicate directly with the team handling her request for better assistance. She can also respond to the email notification sent to her registered email address in case she is unable to access the support ticket. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Yes I understand. As she not able to access any support ticket, she emailed them multiple times but no reply. At least give her another chance to know the reason of suspension or what's wrong happened. They just put the decision and that's final without knowing the fault or giving a change of clarification? She worked for 6 long years as Top rated plus freelancer. Even many of her clients are contacting upwork on her behalf but they don't share any details with them nor contacted with Writi in any way.  Can you please escalate this to trust and safety team so that they can give her an opportunity to speak? 

Please!!!! Please help!

Hi Barun,

I understand how important this matter is for you. I would like to clarify that a thorough review is made before we take this action on the user accounts. I am unable to escalate this further as I cannot request or discuss other user's accounts with you for security purposes. If the account owner needs to appeal the action on their account, they will need to respond to the same support ticket to communicate directly with the relevant team. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Yes Pradeep I dont need any details of her account. I just wanted someone to contact her. She already emailed many times but ended with no response.  That's why I am requesting here. Her email id is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths