🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Full Stack Developer turned self-proclaimed s...
Page options
r33c3
Community Member

Full Stack Developer turned self-proclaimed speed optimisation "expert"

Hey all! My name's Reece - I've been around since MSN Groups (hopefully some of you remember).

I'm completely self-taught and have been dabbling around with Web Development on and off for the last 18 years, 8 years ago I took the leap and decided to go full time and haven't had a day off since!

I primarily focused on E-Commerce development (Magento, Woocommerce) while picking up smaller laravel/sysadmin jobs on the side.

Nearly 3 years ago I gave website optimisation a go, I understood what impact it had on the success of a website and was intrigued to see how I could better understand the needs and how to achieve them. Since then, I've built up a portfolio of more than 350 websites.

I think my greatest strengths are my persistence and memory - I've encountered every scenario imaginable and ensure anything new is remembered to improve on my efficiency for the future.

I'd be keen to pass on my knowledge to anyone willing to learn, if you have general question - feel free to ask away!

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
9f6e7434
Community Member

Hi Reece V! Thank for sharing your path and your availability to support others.

My name is Moussa Coulibaly, I live in Mali(West-Africa). I am an electrical engineering undergrad trying to get into data science. I have been on Upwork for 4 months and I have get some projects as well but not related to my profile.

I found data science arena quiet hard to get into as a self-taught software engineer so I am currently thinking of switching into web development.  I will appreciate your advices and supports.

I am willing to learn and get support from experts.

Regards!

122bfef4
Community Member

Hello, My name is Benjamin. Am also a self taught programmer in java. Have been battling with consistency in programming for almost 12 years now. So I decided to go all in this year. I will appreciate if you share with me the road map you used, materials, advice and the things that kept you motivated and consistent. Thanks in anticipation for your reply.