🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Re: I need some advice please....
Page options
f4aa628b
Community Member

I need some advice please....

Hi,

I am looking to partner ideally with a UK based experienced app developer to develop my app idea into an amazing MVP.  I have, as yet been unable to raise VC funding for the business due to only have a prototype and no MVP which is proving so difficult as I don't know any freelance developers and cannot yet afford the £30k plus for the MVP.  How do I find an amazing and honest developer who would be interested in working as part of this business in developing an MVP and potentially ongoing development in return for equity in a forward thinking and exciting social platform?  I've read about this option in various articles, but am yet to figure out if this even a possibility in practice?!

Many thanks

Liz 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "if this even a possibility in practice?"

Liz:

YES, you CAN do this.

Take this same question you posted here in the Forum, and use it as the basis for creating a job posting on the main Upwork.com website.

Specify that you want to hire somebody, using an hourly contract, to help you find developers who will work for equity and/or help you find investors for your idea.

You will not be able to hire freelance developers here on Upwork for equity. But you CAN use Upwork.com to hire a consultant who will help you set something like this up separate from Upwork.

You may want to include the following note in your job posting:

"Maybe trying to hire developers by only offering equity will not actually work. I want to hire consultants who can be honest about the pros and cons of attempting to do things this way, and who can steer me in the right direction if this approach is likely to fail."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "if this even a possibility in practice?"

Liz:

YES, you CAN do this.

Take this same question you posted here in the Forum, and use it as the basis for creating a job posting on the main Upwork.com website.

Specify that you want to hire somebody, using an hourly contract, to help you find developers who will work for equity and/or help you find investors for your idea.

You will not be able to hire freelance developers here on Upwork for equity. But you CAN use Upwork.com to hire a consultant who will help you set something like this up separate from Upwork.

You may want to include the following note in your job posting:

"Maybe trying to hire developers by only offering equity will not actually work. I want to hire consultants who can be honest about the pros and cons of attempting to do things this way, and who can steer me in the right direction if this approach is likely to fail."

Thank you for your help