🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Not wining any jobs on Upwork
Page options
d01cbfaf
Community Member

Not wining any jobs on Upwork

Hi everyone, I'm a front-end developer, and I've been on Upwork for a while now. I've sent over 30 proposals that are well crafted but didn't get any jobs.

Here is my profile. Please check it out and let me know what can be improved. 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015c0f63b112b155a1

6 REPLIES 6
f1785f8c
Community Member

Hi Yomna,

Everyone says it takes time. I have a 100% complete profile and have submitted over 100 proposals and still nothing. I have been in communication regarding 2 jobs, but nothing is locked in yet. It seems that regardless of your portfolio, that employers are less willing to hire someone without any reviews.

Just my experience so far. I will continue to submit daily proposals, regardless. Job reviews seem to hold the most weight.

Malcolm

Hello Malcolm. Did it change something for the last 2 weeks?

No, not really, I'm over 200 proposals now, little to no change. I check the stats and only a small percentage of proposals show interaction. It's definitely a numbers game and like I said before, I still think the reviews hold the most weight.

It's like on Amazon, there may be a good product, but it doesn't have any reviews, so the numbers are stagnant. But on the flip side, there's an identical product with tons of reviews that's flying off the shelf. It's just human nature, people are more inclined to trust what other's trust regardless of what they see.

christopherbudde
Community Member

I don't send a proposal to jobs that have over 10 proposals already. Minor chance of it getting read. This does not include invites.

datatraveler1
Community Member

Hi Yomna,

Profile looks fine although I would consider adding more detail to the entry in your employment history.

Hang in there, I toiled for 6 months before I found my first paying contract. It was another 6 months until I had steady gigs. That was in 2019, I expect it will be even harder today to find good clients. As mentioned by Malcolm in this thread, reviews carry a lot of weight. Looking back on it, I had to accept less than ideal conditions in order to win my first couple of reviews. I was deathly afraid of getting a bad review on my profile. If I thought there was a non-zero chance of getting a 5-star review, I'd cancel the contract before payment was rendered. It's probably not going to be easy to get to the point where you have steady work and reviews on your profile but if you stick with it you will make it.

Good luck

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Yomna, please develop both your Summary and Job descriptions more. The Title "Frontend Engineer" should be changed to a title businesses are searching for. Have a great day!