🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Too many new jobs on the last days
Page options
tvortiz
Community Member

Too many new jobs on the last days

Anyone notice an increase of volume of jobs on the last 2 days?

I had a saved search that combines the categories: "Other - Software Development", "Desktop Software Development" and "Scripts & Utilities".

Until 2 days ago it showed that it had 5.000 jobs found, but since yesterday it has 15.000 jobs!

I waste more time looking for the jobs than doing anything else now, there are too many!

Anyone else notice that?

What I noticed too is that now it has so many more jobs that should be in "Web Development" but are showing in categories like "Desktop Software Development".

Too many jobs asking for Websites in Desktop category, so maybe UpWork changed and now allows a job to be on multiple categories at the same time?

Is there a way of looking for jobs in Desktop Software that excludes Websites?

I know I can exclude words on search, but can I exclude any jobs that are in Websites category for example?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
bruno_arruda
Community Member

I noticed that. It's showing jobs not under my skills and etc. I have custom searches but sometimes doesn't work for the recommended. I've been flagging those not under my skillset.

Also keeping the loop, there are too many jobs without description, or jobs asking to be an astronaut and paying very low, no answers, no feedback, many jobs are being closed, hiring posts (not freelancing ones)...

I don't know if the platform is overcrowded or something with my profile/skill, but I'm quite frustrate with Upwork these days.