🐈
» Groups » Upwork Helps » Forum » Prevent automatic withdrawals on disabled Rus...
Page options
vmzz
Community Member

Prevent automatic withdrawals on disabled Russian account

Upon recent policies my account will be disabled after May 1, and can be re-enabled upon policy changes or relocation (I'm located in Russia). What should I do to be sure money are kept on my account and not tried to be withdrawn automatically? Should I delete all my withdraw methods to achieve this? Currently, it is problematic or not possible to withdraw, so I thought that I could keep them here

1 REPLY 1
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Andrey,

We encourage you to complete projects and withdraw funds as soon as possible, as we cannot guarantee the continued availability of our payment partners.

Many banks, payment processors, and payment providers in the region are facing sanctions, service disruptions or have chosen to suspend operations, which may impact customers’ ability to withdraw funds or pay for services. We recommend checking with your banks on any restrictions that may applyIf you are unable to withdraw funds in your account by the wrap-up date, they will be retained for you to withdraw once the policy changes or you relocate outside of the impacted area, unless Upwork is otherwise required by law to take a different action.

~ Valeria
Upwork