🐈
» Groups » Upwork Helps » Forum » RUSSIAN FREELANCER
Page options
c2ed4eeb
Community Member

RUSSIAN FREELANCER

Recently a Russian Freelancer whipped up some graphic designs for me on spec, without even having the contract yet, just did it on faith. And it came out great. And I have about 30 other requirements that she would be perfect for. And **Edited for Community Guidelines** she's getting punished as UW won't allow contracts with rusky talent. 

She wanted $13 USD for what must have taken 3 or 4 hours to do.  She was available after completion for edits and file type modifications. She was thorough, courteous and professional.

I felt bad and paid more.  She messaged me that she doesn't seem to be able to transfer the funds from her UW acct. to some useful form at home (I can't confirm or deny this but I do know she wasn't fishing for more money or alternative payment methods so why would she lie?). 

Anyway...  I doubt very highly that she's part of the problem over there. 

I also doubt that stifling the creative and hardworking people of a nation is something that the ruling class / oligarchs even remotely care about. 

And I do believe that starving the workforce and denying them opportunity helps them to want to align with our thinking and beliefs.  

Don't get me wrong, action needs to be taken but I really wish certain people we're not punished for the sins of their nation and I hope that their profiles will remain intact, monies owed to them will be paid (eventually) and that they will be able to rejoin us very soon. 

I just felt like saying that. 

4 REPLIES 4
dmitryupwork
Community Member

I agree, russians and belarussians must be unbanned ASAP by upwork, because they did nothing wrong.

Agree

siberian_bearcub
Community Member

Thank you for the story and your support, Matt!

Godspeed!

okaliart
Community Member

Thanks to people like you Matt, this world still has a chance for good, thank you