🐈
» Groups » Upwork Helps » Forum » Regarding the disconnection of freelancers fr...
Page options
agorushkin
Community Member

Regarding the disconnection of freelancers from Russia and Belarus

Hello!

I'm freelancer from Russia. Forgive me for writing about this here, but Upwork has listed me as a collaborator in the war, which I do not agree with.
To be honest, I don’t understand how I can sponsor the military operations of the Russian Armed Forces, if, firstly, I am currently in another country for more than 3 months, I think like many freelancers from Russia who live abroad. Also, it is not clear to me how I sponsor the Russian Army, even if I were in Russia. The budget for the military forces and for the current military operation was allocated and determined long ago. Also, Russia, like many countries, has reserve funds, in Russia it is a national welfare fund. It is from this fund that funds for such operations are received, according to the country's leadership. It is strange to think that freelancers have any influence on the budget of military operations. This is more like the US leadership's fear of losing its spheres of influence and revenge against all Russians. How else to explain the permission of Instagram and Facebook to call for violence against Russians. For the first time in the history of Instagram and FB, such permissions were introduced, contrary to the UN charter.

I understand that Upwork is subject to the laws of the United States. And this policy towards all Russian and Belarusian citizens does not inspire any respect, let alone understanding, either in relation to the leadership of Upwork, or in relation to the leadership of the United States.

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for reaching out. We have created this resource page to help answer your questions. If you have a specific account concern or need additional assistance, please reach out to the support team through the contact information listed on that page. As we learn more about this evolving situation, we will keep the community updated.

~ Joanne
Upwork