🐈
» Groups » Upwork Helps » Forum » Very Important
Page options
b2768545
Community Member

Very Important

hello, I'm developing a game with one of the freelancers, 2 days ago he said he would go on vacation on Monday, and he had to upload all the game's source code so that we could continue with the development with someone else until he would return, but so far he hasn't uploaded the game's development source code.

he is ukrainian maybe it is due to the war that is going on in his country

but anyway I would like the platform to try to call him and say that I sent him a message in his chat.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Danilo

Upwork has been carefully monitoring the situation, and understands that for those impacted by this crisis, communication may be limited. While we have contacted freelancers encouraging them to follow up with their clients, we recognize that this may have a significant impact on business continuity for you as well. If you would like, we are happy to provide guidance on supplemental resources to assist you. If this is something you’d like to discuss, let us know here or feel free to user Contact Support button on this page.

As we learn more about this evolving situation, we will keep the community updated.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nyonomega0
Community Member

Danilo W wrote:

he is ukrainian maybe it is due to the war that is going on in his country

but anyway I would like the platform to try to call him and say that I sent him a message in his chat.

Upwork won't and should not call him.

In this situation, it would be best to stay patient and wait for his response.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Danilo:
Upwork isn't going to call freelancers on your behalf.

You should decide right now:
"I am the client. I have all the power I need. I will never ask Upwork to intervene with freelancers on my behalf."

I am very sorry about what is going on with Ukraine.

You need to decide right now if you are serious about your project.

If you are serious about your project, then you need to hire other people to work on this.

You need to have more than one person on your team.

You need to hire people who don't live in Ukraine, and who don't live in Russia.

And then assign those people the work that needs to be done.

If the Ukrainian freelancer contacts you, then you can resume assigning work to him.

But if you want to get your project done, you can't rely on one person who is not responding to your messages.

I would tell you the same thing if I was the freelancer you hired.

This isn't about Ukraine.

This is about project management.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Danilo

Upwork has been carefully monitoring the situation, and understands that for those impacted by this crisis, communication may be limited. While we have contacted freelancers encouraging them to follow up with their clients, we recognize that this may have a significant impact on business continuity for you as well. If you would like, we are happy to provide guidance on supplemental resources to assist you. If this is something you’d like to discuss, let us know here or feel free to user Contact Support button on this page.

As we learn more about this evolving situation, we will keep the community updated.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I appreciate the attention and concern with my case, but I'm glad the freelancer is doing well and so is his family, he managed to get in touch with me and we managed to align everything he needed