🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Account suspended
Page options
yatchvi
Community Member

Account suspended

My account has been suspended, I just made my account few weeks ago, I was inactive for a while. But today, I checked the account and boom, it has been suspended. Please let me know what is the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

917 REPLIES 917
kyz_myles_upwork
Community Member

Upwork hold my account for ID verification. I already did my ID verification it has been reviewed and accepted but my profile is still suspended. Please help! 

Thank you

Hi Kyzyl, 

I'll go ahead and check your account with the team, and I'll get back to you once I have more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery, Thank you so much! God Bless to your family. 

Hi Kyzyl, 

It looks like the limitation to your account has already been lifted. Please let us know if there is anything else our team can help you with!

~ Avery
Upwork
ad4u123
Community Member

Hello,

Is there anyone who can help me out with my account? It seems, my account has been suspended, as i am login to my account after 5 years.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abhijit,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dainora
Community Member

Hi,

I did not use site for a while and my account has been suspended. Could someone please help me with this? Thank you in advanced.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dainora,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bmhumphreys
Community Member

So... yeah.  That just happened.  Got an e-mail from CS saying that my account had been suspended so that they could verify my identity.  I clicked the link and jumped through their hoop and then after I had the video conference, I asked the CSR why I had to do this and she said that there was nothing wrong with my profile, it was just something that they did randomly every once in a while for the safety of all users, blah, blah, blah.  Then she told me that they would "notify me of my account status within 24 hours."  So basically, I can't submit any proposals until they get around to turning my profile back on, which should be within 24 hours.

Didn't we all have to submit tons of documentation proving who we are when we first signed up for UW?  I swear to all that is sacred this site makes me want to pull my hair out in some new way every day.

Edit:  Okay, okay... it's actually already back off of suspension.  Little mini-freak out, though.  Still, is this happening to anyone else?

Yup. This was a major thread some months back. Including such gems as CSR's asking questions in no way related to the person's actual field of work, then delaying or denying their verification based on a wrong answer to something they would have no reason to know. (I seem to recall one person saying they were asked a question about PHP, when they were a JS or C# developer.)

Or other people being asked questions that were trivially easy to guess the right answer to, during a maybe 90-second "verification session" where they were fine with answering by text due to the freelancer's browser not working with their microphone, leaving the whole process horribly insecure.

Oh yeah, and there were a few cases where not only was the account temporarily suspended, any pending proposals were nuked, and appeared in the archived list as "declined by you", despite Upwork being the party responsible for the proposals being withdrawn.

Well, then I guess I'm glad it was just over quickly.  Thanks, CS.

Yes, this is normal.

I did it.

Many of us who are regular Forum participants have been through this.

It's a good thing, as it is one of a number of measures taken to increase customer satisfaction.

Caveat to Preston's respose:  It is a good thing ONLY WHEN/IF CS KNOWS WHAT THE HECK THEY ARE DOING.

Preston H wrote:

It's a good thing, as it is one of a number of measures taken to increase customer satisfaction.

It is not and never will be "a good thing" to randomly suspend a freelancer without notice and THEN request verification. It would be just as easy to send a message letting the selected freelancers know that they had 72 hours (or whatever) to jump through the verification hoops or they WOULD be suspended. There is no reason at all to choose a process that disrupts business midstream.

dbmg
Community Member

Phew, scary to read all the reports here how disruptive "Upwork" is acting (out).

Is Upwork trying to imitate Fiverr's baby steps and behavior?

Are we adults here or not?

I just "revived" my ELANCE account that Upwork "grandfathered" in when they "merged" or so.

Now I am already concerned if this is the right decision?

As veteran I am in no way willing to accept to be patronized by any online community provider that hopes to earn money from me.

I hope Upwork executives read this right now and decide if they want to act with decency, or if my time here preparing a "profile" is wasted from the start.

PS: I was searching for "Video profile examples", that's how I got here.

David B wrote:

Phew, scary to read all the reports here how disruptive "Upwork" is acting (out).

Is Upwork trying to imitate Fiverr's baby steps and behavior?

Are we adults here or not?

I just "revived" my ELANCE account that Upwork "grandfathered" in when they "merged" or so.

Now I am already concerned if this is the right decision?

As veteran I am in no way willing to accept to be patronized by any online community provider that hopes to earn money from me.

I hope Upwork executives read this right now and decide if they want to act with decency, or if my time here preparing a "profile" is wasted from the start.

PS: I was searching for "Video profile examples", that's how I got here.

The verification and re-verification is done to protect clients and honest freelancers. If you use a photo of yourself and have an ID to prove that you are who you claim to be it is no problem.

I am not sure if Upwork still withdraws all the proposals but I recall that you can request the connects to be refunded.

I'm currently having the same but different issue. I have recieved an email stating they need video veriication and to click this link. When I click the link it takes me to "How can we help" page so I type in video verification and it tells me to click the link in my email. I really just want a phone number to call and talk to a person, or have the link actually work. I can not send any proposals to people and also am not allowed to get paid until I do this video verification so I am very flustered. Any suggestions?

Hi Kalah,

I just checked your account and looks like you were able to complete your verification process. Our team reviewed the information you provided during the verification and your account has already been resumed. Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

So... I just got another notification about my identity and verification.  Not seven weeks from when I first posted this.  After kind of going off to CS about it, I received the following response - and yes, I did get the issue resolved, but I'm also going to be linking this thread and all of my other "feedback" on this forum to my response to CS. 

"Thank you for your feedback and I understand the disappointment.

We certainly welcome any additional suggestions and feedback. Please feel free to leave your feedback and/or suggestions via the “Feedback” link, which is located at the bottom of nearly every Upwork page. Simply log into your account, scroll to the bottom and click "Feedback.” Once you type in your feedback, suggestions or ideas, make sure to click the “Send Us Feedback” button so that we receive them.

We also encourage you to share your feedback in our Community forum by clicking here. This allows the entire Upwork community to see it and discuss their thoughts and helps us determine what matters most to our users.

We appreciate your patience on this matter.

Regards,

(withholding name)
Upwork Support"

All I can say to that is that from what I've seen it remains undecided within the community whether or not any of the UW higher-ups ever look at these forums anyway.

All I can say to that is that from what I've seen it remains undecided within the community whether or not any of the UW higher-ups ever look at these forums anyway.

They don't have to. the Community management team, or whatever the name is, updates them on a regular basis about what's going on here.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Update: CS did get back to me again later and gave me a much better response.  

gavric-ivana
Community Member

I am suspended for no reasonable reason. It says i can't say that i write erotic stories, but i write all kind of stories, for kids for adults, cookbooks, blogs... What is the big deal if i write these stories as well?

Hi Ivana,

I am afraid that adult writing jobs are not permitted as per Upwork TOS. I see that there's a support ticket for your case. I'd advise that you follow up with the team to have your account resumed. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi there, i was trying to find the way how to contact somebody but only bot
is open for solving quick problems. Could you tell me how can I reach team
to help me solve my problem/.

Hi Ivana,

I checked this for you and our team has already reached out to you regarding your account status. Please check this link for the ticket related to your concern or check the last email sent to you by our team which details what steps you should take to lift the hold on your account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi dear,

Unfortunately, i don't have any of these emails with details how to solve
the problem and activate my account again. I have changed my account and
removed that critical part about stories for adults. When can I expect you
to activate my account again?

Thanx and regards

Hi Ivana,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I couldn't get why my account has been suspended. I checked for the emails but I couldn't find one saying my account has been suspended and the reason why.

I had a video chat with an operator but the problem's still there.
How can I manage it?

Hi Farhad,

I checked your account and it looks like our team reached out to you previously about your account suspension. Please check the ticket number: 30302997. I also checked that you have submitted a support ticket to our team as well. One of our team members will also update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
aamir-vq
Community Member

Hi there,
Hope you're doing great.

My account is showing "Suspended" status. I actually haven't used since last couple of years. I want to verify all details again, but how and where I can respond??

Hi Aamir,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your account status. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
270d1f33
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to Upwork.

I searched for jobs for days and finally got one, and I'm working on it right now. But now I received a notification that said my account was suspended. I checked the notifications, the latest one said my payment account name does not match my upwork name. Since I'm from Aisa, there are different types of spelling for my name, I used the one that different from my Paypal name. So in order to make them match, I changed my Upwork name which seems allowed.
But now I have my account be suspended. I need to know what's wrong with it? Actually the two types of spells are similar, it's easy to see they are the same name. And I think the changing of name is allowed, right?
I'm a newbie on Upwork, I know it'd be hard for a starter. I just got my first job, and I finished the first part. But now since my account is suspended, I don't even know if the client can get my working file and message left to him. It's so frustrating.
Plz anybody can tell me when I can have my account available again? If the customer can see and know that I'm out of contact because of the suspension? Could my file send him before the suspension be received? I don't want him to upset and think I'm wasting his time.

Hi Zheren,

I checked and can see our team has reached out to you via support ticket and are awaiting your response. Please reply directly to your ticket with our team so they can review and assist you further with the status of your account. You can access your ticket from the notification sent to your email address and also here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
270d1f33
Community Member

Thanks a lot, finally I know why my account gets suspended. But before you show me this link here, I didn't get any notification or email about this. Does upwork have this section on your app, or any link from app to this page? Or I can only check it thru a direct link on browser?

Zheren, you can always access your support tickets by going to Upwork Help from the question mark on your account. While signed in you can click on your profile picture at the top right-hand corner and select My Requests.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I’m new to upwork and my account has been suspended. Can someone help me with this?

Hi Margeaux,

It looks like you already have a support ticket with our team regarding the status of your account. Please reply directly to your support ticket #31175226 so our team can review and assist you further. You can access your ticket from the notification sent to your email address and also here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

My account has been suspended. Last night, i added my billing method, verify my ID and visual identity. After that i open Upwork in morning, it shows me that my account is suspended. Don't know why?

I can't receive any Email or notification regarding to suspension of my account. Kindly tell what can i do now.

Hi Zain,

The team has reached out to you via support ticket with more information and instructions on how to restore your account. Please reply to them here so they could assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths