🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Achieving Rising Talent
Page options
burtner_madison
Community Member

Achieving Rising Talent

I've been on Upwork for a little over a month now as a ghostwriter/copyeditor, and have successfully completed three jobs with high reviews. I was wondering when I will qualify for the rising talent program. It's extremely frustrating to apply for jobs and be overlooked because I'm too new on the website to have a job success score and am not labeled as rising talent yet. I have looked at the list of rising talent qualifications, and I fit all of them. My question is more about how long it takes to qualify.

4 REPLIES 4
madison-russell
Community Member

Hi Madison!

I'm going to be honest, you may never get Rising Talent. I remember when I first joined (a couple years ago), it took me months to get Rising Talent, only to lose it like a day later. Honestly, don't sweat it too much. I don't think many clients only hire based on JSS/Rising Talent, but rather based on your proposal and profile. I would just keep working hard and eventually you'll get a JSS, and then you can focus your attention on making Top-Rated.

Thank you! I'll do exactly that.

I was definitely in the same boat- it ended up taking me like 4 weeks to get the Rising Talent, and then I lost it three days later to my JSS. 

That said, as a writer, I've found that like the random content writing gigs are some of the best ways to earn some consistent money! 

Best of luck,

Mason

Rising talent is not necessarily something that is earned. It is awarded to many new freelancers who have the "right" qualifications, but who have never had a job on Upwork. It is a sort of carrot/donkey incentive for clients not for freelancers and even more than your JSS or top-rated badge, it can be lost as fast as it is gained.