cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Achieving Rising Talent

Madison B Member Since: Jun 3, 2018
1 of 5

I've been on Upwork for a little over a month now as a ghostwriter/copyeditor, and have successfully completed three jobs with high reviews. I was wondering when I will qualify for the rising talent program. It's extremely frustrating to apply for jobs and be overlooked because I'm too new on the website to have a job success score and am not labeled as rising talent yet. I have looked at the list of rising talent qualifications, and I fit all of them. My question is more about how long it takes to qualify.

Ace Contributor
Madison R Member Since: May 19, 2018
2 of 5

Hi Madison!

I'm going to be honest, you may never get Rising Talent. I remember when I first joined (a couple years ago), it took me months to get Rising Talent, only to lose it like a day later. Honestly, don't sweat it too much. I don't think many clients only hire based on JSS/Rising Talent, but rather based on your proposal and profile. I would just keep working hard and eventually you'll get a JSS, and then you can focus your attention on making Top-Rated.

Madison B Member Since: Jun 3, 2018
3 of 5

Thank you! I'll do exactly that.

Mason D Member Since: Apr 21, 2018
4 of 5

I was definitely in the same boat- it ended up taking me like 4 weeks to get the Rising Talent, and then I lost it three days later to my JSS. 

That said, as a writer, I've found that like the random content writing gigs are some of the best ways to earn some consistent money! 

Best of luck,

Mason

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 5

Rising talent is not necessarily something that is earned. It is awarded to many new freelancers who have the "right" qualifications, but who have never had a job on Upwork. It is a sort of carrot/donkey incentive for clients not for freelancers and even more than your JSS or top-rated badge, it can be lost as fast as it is gained. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS