🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: Add Beta Reader catagory
Page options
lukealz197
Community Member

Add Beta Reader catagory

Hello everyone! First time posting here. I was wondering how we can go about requesting a new section for Upwork. I want to have a specialized editing page and specialized beta reading page. I know beta reading has been rejected as a catagory for Upwork in the past, but with sites like Fiverr taking it more seriously, I was wondering if it could become a part of Upwork too. I was able to beta read for a client and he liked my feedback so much he even tweeted about it! (Thank god. The client copy was like sixteen pages long.) I want to have more opportunities to beta read in the future as well. Having a dedicated catagory would be really helpful. 

1 REPLY 1
colettelewis
Community Member

Zaivy L wrote:

Hello everyone! First time posting here. I was wondering how we can go about requesting a new section for Upwork. I want to have a specialized editing page and specialized beta reading page. I know beta reading has been rejected as a catagory for Upwork in the past, but with sites like Fiverr taking it more seriously, I was wondering if it could become a part of Upwork too. I was able to beta read for a client and he liked my feedback so much he even tweeted about it! (Thank god. The client copy was like sixteen pages long.) I want to have more opportunities to beta read in the future as well. Having a dedicated catagory would be really helpful. 

Zaivy,

Upwork's categorization is primitive to say the least. If it can't distinguish between language pairs (i.e. French to English or vice-versa), or the difference between text editing and video editing, it is highly unlikely that beta reading will make it as a separate category. I have also noticed that most beta reading jobs offer less money than I used to earn as a freelance beta reader back in the mists of antiquity!  But we can always hope! 🙂