cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on a new client

christie88
Christie S Member Since: Apr 20, 2017
11 of 12

You guys have made the process of letting this client down so much easier, and I really appreciate it. The job was for a genre that I love writing in, so maybe I ignored red flags that I normally would have seen. Plus, actually getting an hourly gig seemed really attractive. 

Or maybe I'm just not great at finding red flags yet.

Next time, I definitely won't assume the client understands how much work goes into editing, writing, and rewriting. I think I was operating in kind of a "writer's bubble." My education is in English, and I used to teach at the college level, so I was surrounded by people who understood the writing process.

At any rate, I definitely won't be so trigger happy with the "accept offer" button after this. 

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
12 of 12

@Christie S wrote:

You guys have made the process of letting this client down so much easier, and I really appreciate it. The job was for a genre that I love writing in, so maybe I ignored red flags that I normally would have seen. Plus, actually getting an hourly gig seemed really attractive. 

Or maybe I'm just not great at finding red flags yet.

Next time, I definitely won't assume the client understands how much work goes into editing, writing, and rewriting. I think I was operating in kind of a "writer's bubble." My education is in English, and I used to teach at the college level, so I was surrounded by people who understood the writing process.

At any rate, I definitely won't be so trigger happy with the "accept offer" button after this. 

Great! Nonetheless, it is a pity the learning process is so very painful at times.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS