Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis of Plath Poem

millermelanie
Community Guru
Melanie M Member Since: Jul 13, 2016
1 of 11

Why is the request for the analysis of "Lady Lazarus" still up when it has been flagged as an obvious school assignment? 

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 11

@Melanie M wrote:

Why is the request for the analysis of "Lady Lazarus" still up when it has been flagged as an obvious school assignment? 

I don't mean to be rude by answering your question with another question.  But let me just guess, Melanie.  Is it because the platform is a neutral environment and that it is up to the sole discretion of the freelancer to accept such contracts?

datasciencewonk
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
3 of 11

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

@Melanie M wrote:

I don't mean to be rude by answering your question with another question.  But let me just guess, Melanie.  Is it because the platform is a neutral environment and that it is up to the sole discretion of the freelancer to accept such contracts?

If it violates TOS, then that voids the underlying assumption of your question. 

The question is, actually, whether or not the job violates Upwork's TOS. 

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
4 of 11

@Kat C wrote:

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

@Melanie M wrote:

I tried to use CTRL+F+academic fraud but I didn't find any results.  But when I used CTRL+F+fraud, I read phrases associated with payments.

datasciencewonk
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
5 of 11

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

@Kat C wrote:

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

@Melanie M wrote:

I tried to use CTRL+F+academic fraud but I didn't find any results.  But when I used CTRL+F+fraud, I read phrases associated with payments.

What results are you attempting to find and where are you searching?

Review Upwork TOS. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 11

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

@Melanie M wrote:

Nope, that's not it. The platform isn't neutral on academic fraud--it's a TOS violation.

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
7 of 11

@Tiffany S wrote:

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

@Melanie M wrote:

Nope, that's not it. The platform isn't neutral on academic fraud--it's a TOS violation.

Perhaps Juvy Ann also thinks that smuggling narcotics should be allowed simply because some people choose to smuggle narcotics?

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
8 of 11

@Reinier B wrote:

Perhaps Juvy Ann also thinks that smuggling narcotics should be allowed simply because some people choose to smuggle narcotics?

I think that people who can read the "Cigarette Warning: Smoking is Dangerous to Your Health", understands what it means and still smokes are simply smokers.

millermelanie
Community Guru
Melanie M Member Since: Jul 13, 2016
9 of 11

Actually, Juvy Ann, it's a violation of ToS.  Moreover, when behavior lacking in integrity is allowed to persist here, it reflects on all of us.  I, for one, would like to maintain some professionalism here.  We can do so in part by discouraging this type of "client" and by upholding the ToS.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 11

Hi Melanie, 

I checked and tried to mix and match keywords but couldn't find the job in question. If you have a direct link, please share it via a private message so that we can escalate to the team for their review.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS